Monday, February 20, 2006

A clean desk

If a clean desk is the sign of a sick mind then I'm doing great! Another quote comes to mind and that is "a picture is worth a thousand words." So I'll share a small corner of my life with you right up front. I should warn you that this photo is graphic and may be difficult to look at, especially if you haven't had your morning coffee. This is the way the work table in my studio looked about two weeks ago. With projects being finished in a whirl of activity for gift-giving this last Christmas, my work space quickly got out of control. Lots of "other" things kept me away from the studio for most of January, and when I finally ventured up there a couple of weeks ago I couldn't believe my eyes! I began trying to get some new projects started but needless to say I wasn't getting much done in the 2" square of usable space available to me. Then I had this really unique idea! I could clean the studio and then have space to work! Wow! I'm such a deep thinker. Wonder why other people haven't tumbled to that yet? So here goes. My first attempt at adding a photo. Please be patient with me as this is another first.







Well, I guess it worked. I'm a glutton for punishment so I'm adding another one to show that I really did clean the space.


I must be honest and tell you that it only lasted for a few moments! I, once again, have things everywhere but I keep telling Hubby Bubby that it's a "controlled chaos"....do ya think he believes me??

1 comment:

  1. A clean work space never lasts past a day for me either. I think I'm afraid that if I put something away, it'll never get worked on again...the "out of sight, out of mind" thing. Instead, I like to refer to it as "organized chaos"

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!