Monday, March 20, 2006

100 Things About Me

I've noticed many other bloggers do a "100 Things About Me" list. So I decided to do one, too. That way you can get to know a bit more about me. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to wait for someone to ask me but I'm just plowing ahead! Being new to blogging, I may make mistakes but that's the way I learn things.

Here it is....
"100 Things About Me"

1. I grew up near Decatur, IL.
2. I'm an only child.
3. I was a very shy child.
4. I never got to participate in extra-curricular activities.
5. I wanted to play the piano but never learned.
6. My paternal grandfather came over from England.
7. I have no idea about the rest of my ancestry!
8. My mother’s maiden name is my married name.
9. I use my maiden name.
10. I have been married three times; once to a man of Irish descent, once to a man from Thailand, and to my sweet Hubby Bubby who has a German background.
11. I have two children and two step-children (a boy and a girl each)
12. I have three grandchildren and four step-grandchildren (5 girls and 2 boys)
13. When I turned 18 the first thing I did was go blonde!
14. My natural hair color was light brown but now it's silver gray!
15. I have hazel eyes.
16. I wore contacts for many years.
17. I began wearing glasses in the sixth grade.
18. My parents were both dead by the age I am right now.
19. I am basically a vegetarian....I occasionally eat a bit of turkey and fish but no red meat.
20. My grandfather was a cattle rancher.
21. My first job was as a telephone operator for Illinois Bell.
22. I sold real estate back in the late 70's.
23. My daughter is my biggest inspiration.
24. I love quirky clothes.
25. I seldom wear anything quirky anymore.
26. Purple has always been my favorite color.
27. My mother was a good cook but she never taught me.
28. My mother washed my hair for me until I was a senior in high school.
29. And I never thought anything about it.
30. I love books.
31. I don't read romance novels or science fiction.
32. I love the artwork of Mary Engelbreit because it's bright and cheerful.
33. I would love to be an artist.
34. I have worked as a bartender.
35. I wanted to be an interior designer when I was younger.
36. I talk to myself....and sometimes answer!
37. I don't like to cook.
38. I do like to eat!
39. My favorite aunt taught me to crochet.
40. My mother taught me how to do embroidery.
41. I love embellishments.
42. I've always been fascinated with gypsies....the romanticism and all that.
43. I have been to a fortune-teller.
44. I am a Virgo on the cusp of Libra….I say I'm a Vir-bra.
45. I lived in the same house until I left home at eighteen.
46. I lived in the same town until I was 36 years old.
47. Since 1990 I have lived in eight states, some of them more than once.
48. I have lived in my current home since 2001.
49. I do not tan in the summer....my skin is very fair.
50. I can not sing or dance….except when I'm all alone and no one can see or hear!
51. I love details.
52. I do counted cross-stitch and find it relaxing.
53. I love to draw and paint.
54. Paper dolls were my favorite things as a child, closely followed by crayons.
55. I like cats....we have two; their names are Harley and LuLu.
56. I have only had one dog in my life and it belonged to my first husband.
57. I had a Vespa motor scooter when I was younger.
58. I don't like February.
59. I sometimes get depressed around the holidays.
60. I was not an athletic child.
61. I love small sports cars....low to the ground and haulin' a--!
62. I hate to drive on freeways or interstates but love back roads.
63. I do not participate in a structured religion.
64. I believe in a Higher Being.
65. I think of myself as spiritual rather than religious.
66. I love to laugh but hate jokes about ethnicity, race, religion, sexual preference or anything that is a put-down of some group or individual.
67. I tend to be liberal in my thinking.
68. I can be alone and it doesn't bother me.
69. My checkbook always balances to the penny.
70. I love thrift shops and second-hand stores.
71. I sold books online for several years.
72. My son lives in Alaska.
73. My daughter lives in Los Angeles.
74. My son-in-law is older than I am by seven months.
75. I like most kinds of music but no Rap or Hip Hop....guess I'm getting old!
76. I love ice cream but seldom eat it.
77. My favorite flavor of ice cream is coffee, then butter pecan.
78. I think I could live on fruit.
79. I like raspberries but not anything raspberry flavored!
80. I never smoked and never did any drugs.
81. I don't like taking any kind of medication, even aspirin.
82. Frozen grapes are one of my fav summer-time treats.
83. I am not high maintenance....sometimes I wish I was, but then not.
84. I wear very little jewelry.
85. I used to wear a lot of jewelry.
86. I wear very little make-up.
87. I used to wear a lot of make-up.
88. I like Pepsi rather than Coke but drink neither anymore.
89. About the only alcoholic drink I enjoy is a good margarita.
90. I have a sweet tooth.
91. I never had a store-bought cookie until I was an adult.
92. My dad and I never got along....I regret that.
93. I love Led Zeppelin's Trampled Underfoot but it has to be cranked up really loud.
94. I was nuts about Elvis Presley.
95. I don't like scary or gory movies.
96. Stephen King and I have the same birthday but not the same year.
97. Autumn is my favorite season.
98. I like to go to the beach when it's cloudy and stormy.
99. I have lived here for about five years, and only know one neighbor.
100. I'm sure glad this is the last number I have to do!

8 comments:

  1. I love reading 100 Things lists! So glad you did one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am awfully glad you did a hundred things list! They are so much fun to read! In my humble opinion you do not need to wait to be asked, blogs are about getting to know people and getting to tell people about yourself. What better way than with a list. Although not on my new site my 100 things list is on my old site knit-elation.blogspot.com. This is funny because I don't even remember what I wrote and I am going to have to go and read it right now! Thanks for sharing yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ha ha I totally lied. I only did a 28 things list on my 28th birthday and I called 28-elations. I could not have made it through one hundred. I leave that to the heroes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail Massey3:27 PM

    Can you believe I knew all but 10 of the 100. If we didn't live so far apart I might have known even those. But I guess after 54 years I should know a little about you.
    That was fun to read, glad you did it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 100 things...wow! Good to know! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh jeez .. did you have to mention the son-in-law thing? :) ~M

    p.s. notice you didn't mention you were married to a younger man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading the 100 things list. Are they actually questions? or do you just list things about yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  8. jessica - I just thought of things. No actual questions. It's much more difficult than one would think!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!