Followers

Saturday, March 11, 2006

The Blizzard of '06

It was Hell. How would we survive this onslaught of Mother Nature? We only had hot chocolate to warm our insides while outside the blizzard of '06 dropped snow on our small yard. We shivered and hugged each other to stay warm. The fire in the fireplace was roaring, sending out sparks, and dancing light around the room. Would we have enough supplies to last until we could get out to a store??? Would we have enough firewood to keep us warm? This is the way it began yesterday, here in the Antelope Valley of Southern California! And here is what all the hub bub was about!



I grew up in the Midwest so believe me when I tell you I know about snow. This was NOTHING! But the weather announcers out here were having a field day with it. I guess it's because most of the time their job is so boring....warm and sunny today... warm and sunny today....warm and sunny today....you get the picture, so when ANY kind of weather shows up they jump on it and milk it for all it's worth.

I had to take a photo to send to friends all around the country because many of them don't even believe we get rain, let alone snow! (Hi, Dotti!) But here's the proof even if it is just a dusting. For a few minutes the snow was really coming down, and it did bring back memories of childhood when I prayed for lots of snow so school would be closed. I'm older now and don't want to deal with drifts up to my you-know-what anymore so that's why I live here.

I have to admit though, it was exciting for a couple of minutes. Now let's get back to reality! Sunny and warm....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!