Thursday, March 16, 2006

Books and Muscles and Dolls....Oh my!

I still remember my first library card. My mother took me to the library in my hometown as soon as I could print my name (that was the requirement) and I got that magical bit of paper that opened up the entire world to me. I've never been without a library card since that day.

The reason I tell you this is because that's where I spent part of my morning. At one of my favorite places. The library. I came out with so many books that HB had to carry my book bag. Awwww....just like back when we were in school except we didn't go to school together. Here's just a few of the books I got today. There are too many to fit in the photo. Have I said that I LOVE BOOKS!!



The "Family Circle Easy Accessories" had several interesting hats and scarves, some mittens, several ponchos (I don't wear them), a pretty ruana, and this



....I think it should be called Cape Fear instead of Cape Fearless since that's what it struck in my heart! Fear that I'd ever have to wear it! I can't imagine anyplace I'd go where I would want to wear this....unless it was very, very dark and no one would see me.

So I got to spend fun time at the library and I also got to sneak in a little shopping. Look at my bargain exercise equipment!! One was marked down to $2.49 and the other was $7.97....such a deal!



When I returned home I had the package that I ordered from this art doll site that I mentioned a few days ago. I don't know what to do first!! Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you got some great books there. I'm with you on the library--what a great resource! I don't have the money to buy all of the craft books I want, and I don't have enough room to store them either. I love to see my tax dollars at work when it comes to the library:-)

    I remember that our library had a separate area for children (ages 11 and under), so I spent years wondering what was hidden away in the adult section. I went in on my 12th birthday with my mom and got my new library card and discovered that the adult section was just as wonderful as I thought it would be: James Thurber, Robert Burns, Jane Austen. Now, really, why would they have wanted to protect me from books like those? Crazy, huh? I wonder if libraries do that age-separation thing anymore?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!