Sunday, March 05, 2006

Joy of unfinished projects

The quote on my calendar today is "Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it" - Greg Anderson

That means I have LOTS of joy in my life! I have so many unfinished projects that I may never get to all of them. And yet I still continue to begin new ones. Maybe I'm just trying to keep that joy around a little longer.

There is something to say for just knowing I have a project to work on. Something that I've started, maybe several months ago (or maybe even years ago) and it feels like an old friend by now. I've spent so many hours with it that I hate to see it finished because then what will I do. A bit like a good book I don't want to end.

I have a needlework project that I started sometime in the early 80's. I still haven't finished it but I know one of these days I'll look at it and say "Ok, it's your turn" and I'll get busy on it again. I'm not even sure what I'll do with it when it's finished but I can't leave projects undone forever. It's like giving up. Failing.

I did finish a hat project over the weekend. "Hedy" is my model. She looks good in anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!