Thursday, March 02, 2006

My latest project

For several weeks, I have been creating small brooches using felt, embroidery thread, beads, buttons and whatever I find. Some of them are made using craft felt while others are made from heavier felt that I made by recycling 100% wool sweaters. I love finding wool sweaters and then turning them into felt. My only problem has been the color selection hasn't been great which is why I resorted to using some of the craft felt. I'm a sucker for all those bright colors! I can't walk into a fabric store (I'm not a quilter) or a yarn store (I do crochet and knit) or anyplace where there are lots of things displayed in large blocks of color without going into a meltdown! I'm nuts for color! And add in some texture and I'm in big trouble.

It's like getting that big box of 64 crayons when I was a kid. I loved them....I mean I really loved them! I wanted to color with each and every one and yet....I didn't want to mess up all those nice points.

Lowe's and Home Depot will probably have my mug shot pinned up in the paint department before long because I can't go there without taking paint chips! I'm not planning to paint anything right now but I have a small box full of paint chips....just in case!

So now without further ado may I present "My Heart Belongs to Daddy....Sugar Daddy"




And this is "Turquoise Trail"

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!