Wednesday, March 22, 2006

My thrifty finds

Today was a beautiful, warm Spring day and I decided to get out and make the rounds of my favorite thrift shops....at least, the ones that are close to me. Where I live, the choices are very limited. But I managed to visit three smaller shops and found a few goodies. First, of course, some books....



The "Folk Toys Around the World" was published in 1972. The entries include a thumb piano from Uganda....that sounds interesting....a prisoner's lock from Finland....a tumbling man from Austria....a balancing fisherman from Portugal....and lots of other little interesting items. They all come with instructions, and many of them are wood toys.

Then I found six adorable mugs with dragonflies, lady bugs, butterflies, and bumblebees....I couldn't pass them up! They looked so fresh and Spring-timey. (I make up my own words now and then.) I only photographed three of them.




I also found several fun, bright, colorful pillowcases. Can't pass them up either. I use them to make other things. I especially like the pale pink gingham check with the ruffle although it doesn't show up too well in the photo.







All in all it was a fun day. I managed to find a few goodies, and got out of the house so what more could I want.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh those are some great finds! I am glad you had a beautiful sunny thrifty day!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!