Monday, April 03, 2006

Hawaiian Haiku

Recently my granddaughters, who live in Hawaii (isn't that just terrible!) sent me their family newsletter. They publish it on their computer and send it out to family members here in the States. My oldest granddaughter will be 18 this year (!!) and her sister will be 15. They are both very creative. Mostly they have been home schooled.

After having received permission, I give you haiku written by the youngest:



RAIN

Dropped like a blanket
Into my world, is sent
Rain, pouring, from above



OCEAN

Crashing, dancing, singing
Flickering turquoise waters
Ocean waves roll in


And just because I think it's interesting, here is something that will happen on Wednesday and Wednesday only....

2 comments:

  1. I think your granddaughters are very talented poets! Too bad (for you:-) that they live in Hawaii-- just too far to go to drop by for a cup of tea. Of course, it's certainly not a bad place to visit, so I hope you get to go often. BTW, I love your blog:-) Wish I could borrow SWHP to help with my messy art studio rebirth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, they must get their creativity from their grandmother! Now then 01:02:03 on 04/05/06 will happen again won't it? In 3006? Just curious!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!