Followers

Sunday, April 09, 2006

I'm not a writer

Once again, I'm linking to something that DebR has on her blog. She is spreading the word about Blogging 4 Books, a writing contest. You have until midnight on Monday to enter.

It looks like a lot of fun. You're to write about "a fly on the wall".... it can be any way you want to interpret that. I read some of the entries that are already posted. They're quite good, and I enjoyed most of them. Check them out if you have some time.

Since I don't consider myself a "writer" I'm only telling you this to pass the word along. I wrote some poetry when I was younger but that's about it. SWHP did my astrological chart several years ago and told me that writing and communication is the strongest thing on there....it keeps popping up in all the houses and signs. I thought she must have read someone else's chart!

I don't consider myself a writer in any way, shape or form. When I started this blog, I asked myself "are you nuts?"....but I thought it would be like an online diary or journal. Then I really got into it and realized that it's more than that.

Each day I wake up with the same thought....what am I going to write about today.... something that won't bore everyone to death with the stupidness of it. By everyone, I mean the handful of people who visit here. Don't get me wrong, I don't think there are hundreds of people out there just waiting for the next installment of "life with Janet!" I don't have the following of someone like Crazy Aunt Purl and doubt that I ever will! I don't live a glamorous, life-in-the-fast-lane, party every night lifestyle even though I do share the same birthday (not year) with Nicole Ritchie! (See yesterday's entry.)

I do love to talk though! I wake up talking....much to the dismay of poor HB! Most of the time I end up talking to myself! I wonder if that qualifies as being a fly on the wall?

The spring cleaning continues today. Also the throwing out of useless accumulations of stuff. My theory is, get rid of the old stuff so you can have room for new stuff!!

A little update....the rain has left us and here is the result....a healthy, green lawn. All except for that leaf and some dandelions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!