Saturday, April 08, 2006

It's a date....

DebR had this on her blog today and gave permission for anyone to use it. The idea is to go to wikipedia and enter the month and day of your birthday....not the year. It will give you things that occured on that date throughout history. (Mine is September 21.) Then list 3 events, 3 births, and 3 deaths...I did 4....there were too many to choose just 3. Try it....it's fun.

Here are a few of mine:

EVENTS
1897 - The "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus" letter is published in the New York Sun.
1937 - J. R. R. Tolkien's The Hobbit is published.
1981 - Sandra Day O'Connor, the first female supreme court justice, is confirmed by the senate in a 99-0 vote.
1993 - Grunge rock band Nirvana releases its album In Utero.

BIRTHS
1866 - H. G. Wells, English writer (d. 1946)
1947 - Stephen King, American author
1967 - Tyler Stewart, Canadian drummer (Barenaked Ladies)
1981 - Nicole Richie, American actress

DEATHS
1776 - Nathan Hale hung by the British as a spy.
1860 - Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (b. 1788)
1904 - Chief Joseph, Nez Perce leader (b. 1840)
1998 - Florence Griffith Joyner, American athlete (b. 1959)

That's about all I have today. No color thingie except for the title color. At least I did that. I'm finally beginning my spring house cleaning. A little late but at least I'm doing it! Yea....what fun!! I have lots of things set aside to take to the thrift, and the trash containers are filling up fast. I'm determined to get rid of a bunch of "stuff" that just clogs up my life. So no time for photos or anything else today.

Enjoy the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, you had some really good stuff on your date!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!