Friday, April 28, 2006

Mental Potpourri ....

I decided that was what I have for you today....a jumble of unrelated things! It has been a busy, busy couple of days.

Tonight SWHP is having a wine and cheese open house at her new store. HB and I will, of course, be there....we're going early to help set things up and get everything ready for the first visitors. She's excited and happy and I'm sure just a little bit scared, too. But this is not her first business. As a teen-ager she had a small jewelry kiosk in a local discount store, and from there she was off and running. I am always impressed with her ability to make money on her own. She's very resourceful.

I haven't had much time to put together an interesting post for today. I do have a photo from the store....this is a shot of the window at night. Sorry for the glare....SWHP set a few pieces on the new platform and took a photo to see how it all looked from the street. I'm sure I'll have a few more for tomorrow....



On another subject, I managed to send four squares to Drew for Heartmade Blessings. Here they are with their hang tags just before mailing. I enjoy making these 12" squares because I know they're going for a good cause. I grab my bag of odds and ends yarn and just make color changes as I either run out of one color, or when I decide I want to add something else. I think they look cheerful and happy, and I think that's the whole point....to cheer up someone who may not feel so good. I hope my little contribution does that....



And just in case you haven't seen enough unrelated items....here is a little drawing I did several years ago. HB had just bought me the big set of 72 Prismacolor markers, and I already had the pencils so I was experimenting. I usually like flowing lines (if I'm not doing my geometric doodles!) and I always like drawing what I call paisley shapes, or teardrop shapes with a little curve at the end. I can fill pages with that shape!! Love it....



Hope you all have a great day. Tomorrow I hope to have lots of photos and maybe a couple of interesting stories to tell you about the pre-opening party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!