Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Photos and Freeform

While doing my recent whirlwind cleaning (and I'm not finished, by the way!) I came across several of those old photo albums that have the sticky pages with a plastic overlay....you know the kind that were popular in the 70's.

Some were mine and some had been my mom's. And all of them had photos that were really stuck to the pages....as in, this isn't good....S-T-U-C-K!

I sat with an old frosting spatula, because it was the only thing I could find that was flexible and thin enough, and pried each photo off the sticky pages! Not a lot of fun but I felt that if I left them much longer I would never get them off.

Now until I can decide how to handle all those photos, they are stored with a piece of paper between each one. I'm not into scrap booking so I need a quick and easy way to organize them somehow. Any ideas?

Now for some updates....still no photos from the recent re-decorating but I'm still working on it. The good news is SWHP has found a rental space for her business. She is very excited....and I am too.

The tote bag I started a few weeks ago just wasn't turning out the way I wanted it to so I ripped out several inches of crochet. I've been experimenting with freeform crochet....making some scrumbles. Here is what they look like on the tote bag. They aren't attached so there are still loose ends but you can get an idea....



I like the look of freeform crochet and knitting, and while doing a "google" search the name Prudence Mapstone always comes up. Her site is very interesting and there is lots to see. I ordered this book a few days ago. I hope it helps me come up with some new ideas for doing freeform. If you have some time, check out this website. They have some amazing examples of handbags done in freeform. I could (and have!) spent hours looking at these!

And last, the gloomy, gray weather is still hanging around so no new photos. This is one I took recently of some bright red leaves against our weathered wood fence.



I'm sorry this is so late today. I had it all ready to upload and blogger lost it!! I had to re-create everything again tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Non-sticky pocket photo albums? I love the ones made by Pioneer.

    Or you could even buy scrapbooks and photo corners. I've done that for some older photos. You don't have to do the fancy scrapbooking STUFF to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh bad photo books! I am not an expert but I would suggest and acid free box with acid free paper in between. In the meantime though if you can ... scan them!! That way if they do continue to degenerate you will have copies of the photos in their current state. You could even spray them with an acid free spray in the hopes of stopping the contamination. Best wishes with them!! I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!