Monday, May 15, 2006

It's the "F" words!!

Since I'm still a bit behind with everything, I'm going to make it Fairly easy on myself today and do my personal alphabet thing. If you want to know more about it you can either click on the "wordplay" button over there on the right side or you can click here.

F - is for family and friends. I won't bother to list you all because you know who you are!! I couldn't make it without you.

F - is for famous which is something I'll probably never be (thank goodness!)

F - is for fun....we all need some of that in our lives.

F - is for fingernails. I used to bite mine but I don't anymore! I have nice natural ones that I leave plain most of the time. Years ago I tried the fake fingernails and had a very bad experience....not for me.

F - is for feline. I love cats.....especially our two spoiled brats!

F - is for fan. The old-fashioned kind that ladies used. I love the shape and the elegance of them. Especially the fancy ones with lace and embellishments (we talked about that in the "E" words!)

F - is for food. The real kind and not the fake crap that regular grocery stores and the media push on us! At the moment I'm really pissed off about all the additives in just about everything. When we were traveling recently, I just about starved because I refused to eat anything with high fructose corn syrup or partially hydrogenated anything in it. Have you read a food label lately? Chances are if it's a "convenience" food it has one or both of those things in it. If you're interested, just do a google search for those words and it may change the way you eat, too!

F - is for fish. Like me some red snapper or halibut or swordfish.

F - is for the infamous "F" word (I won't use it here but you know which one I mean!) I've been known to utter it when I'm really mad!

F - is for farm. HB and I dreamed of having a small farm and being self-reliant but never managed to make it happen. That was part of the reason for the trip to CO. We had a storage unit that we finally decided to clear out! It contained all the things we had been purchasing for our dream lifestyle.

F - is for fast. I've always liked small low-slung sports cars that go fast! As HB says "low to the ground and haulin' ass"....I don't drive too fast most of the time! But get me out on an open road (hard to find around Southern California!) and watch out!

F - is for force. Do NOT try to force me to do something! I'll dig in my heels and the fight will be on!

F - is for fantastic. I love this word. I like the way it sounds and the way it looks. It just seems to flow. Same thing with fabulous although I don't use that one....Billy Crystal has that one sewed up!

F - is for fireplace. I absolutely love ours. In the winter months we use it quite often. There's just something about a wood fire....the crackle and spark....the dancing light....the warmth. If I had my way we would have a fire going just about all day on cloudy, chilly days! And don't forget the marshmallows!!

F - is for flea market....love them! Same goes for yard sales, rummage sales, tag sales or whatever you call them in your area. Also swap meets and antique stores. I just love to browse around and look at all the things from another time.

F - is for fortunate. I am so very fortunate to have the life I have. I enjoy every day (there are some better than others) and look forward to "visiting" with all my new friends in blogland. I have a wonderful hubby, 2 great kids and 2 great step-kids, and a combined total of 7 grandkids/step-grandkids. I have some pretty terrific family members that I don't see nearly as often as I would like, and some dear friends scattered all over the world.



Thanks for stopping by....hope everyone had an enjoyable Mother's Day.

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!