Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The ABC's of Me

Since I am STILL unable to get photos to post on here I will once again have to resort to boring you with more information about me!! This meme has been going around so I finally decided to give it a try. I don't think my answers will be nearly as good as some I've read on other blogs. I saw this meme here and here and here.

The ABC's of Me

Accent – I'm not sure what my accent sounds like! People have asked me what part of New England I'm from (never been there!)....I grew up in the Midwest but have lived all over the western part of the US. HB thought I was a nice Jewish girl when he met me!! I'm not. Jewish, that is. I am nice.

Booze - I'm not much of a drinker. I like a good margarita when I have Mexican food, and I will occasionally have a glass of wine. I have NEVER liked beer, and I think most of the hard stuff tastes like crap!!

Chore I hate - COOKING!!! I'd rather clean toilets than cook.

Dog/cat - We have two cats, Harley and LuLu. Mostly I've had cats as pets....only a couple of dogs for short periods of time when I was married to my first husband.

Essential electronics – My computer, digital camera, cell phone (mostly just for safety reasons...I'm not a phone person.) And I'm not a gadget person either.

Favorite perfume – I like something very light and unobtrusive. I usually buy summery fragrances at Bath and Body or someplace like that. I'm not into heavy perfumes.

Gold/silver - Silver. I can't wear gold with my coloring. I'm very fair and gold looks yellow-y on me....plus since my hair is gray, silver looks better. I don't wear much jewelry anymore. Wedding ring and earrings usually does it for me nowadays since I don't go to too many fancy places. Michael's, Joann's, and Wal-Mart don't seem to require too much jewelry!

Hometown - Decatur, Illinois....left in 1979 and haven't been back.

Insomnia - Not usually but if I have something exciting happening the next day, I cannot go to sleep the night before. I'm just like a kid.

Job title - Retired!! I worked for several years in the coffee import business and coffee services. My last job was in a managerial position with a company in Seattle that was affiliated with Starbucks.

Kid(s)- Two....a son and a daughter. Plus I have a step-son and step-daughter.

Living arrangements - I'm married, and we live in a four bedroom, three bath, two-story house on a quiet street.

Most admirable trait - I look for the good in people.

Number of countries visited - Not many. Just Canada and Mexico. I'm not a good traveler. Now if we were talking about states I've visited there would be a lot more. I have been to 31 of the 48 contiguous states, and I have lived in nine states in the past 13 years, and some of those states, more than once during that time.

Overnight hospital stays - When my kids were born, and once when I had chest pains.

Phobias - Anyone who knows me, knows this one....SNAKES. I can't stand anything having to do with them. I don't like snakeskin items, I don't want to see photos of them, I don't even like fake snakeskin! I had my friend, Gail, put paper over all the snake photos in my high school biology book because I couldn't look at them! I don't even like to pick up a book or magazine if I know there are snake photos inside. I once stood outside in the pouring rain at the St. Louis Zoo because the nearest shelter was the Reptile House. I wouldn't go inside! I actually break out in a cold sweat when I even see a photo of a snake. I also have a bit of difficulty with heights especially if I feel unprotected as on an open, high stairway or in a glass elevator or anything like that.

Quote - I love quotes so to pick out just one is almost impossible. This is the one I use on my email...."Creativity is not the finding of a thing, but the making something out of it after it is found." James Russell Lowell

Religion - None. I don't like organized religions. Too restrictive and exclusive for my taste. I am more of a spiritual person.

Siblings - None. I'm it.

Time you usually wake – Between 6:00 and 7:00 AM and this is without an alarm clock. I like being up early but then I also like staying up late.

Unusual talent – I have no idea!! I asked HB and he said "Oh, that thing you do with the tassels is pretty cool!" That's a joke, people!!!

Vegetable I refuse to eat - Okra, hominy, and that's about all. I like veggies.

Worst habit - I used to bite my fingernails but finally quit. I have never smoked or done any kind of drugs so those are both out. I guess my worst habit is procrastination....sometimes!

X-rays - A few dental ones, I also had x-rays of my foot....there is a sewing needle, broken in two pieces, in the ball of my left foot! They have been there since I was about 13 years old. In 1990 a doctor tried to "find" and remove them but wasn't able to....he said the needle pieces were probably completely imbedded and unless I had problems caused by them, to just leave them alone. Oh, and I broke my wrist and had x-rays then.

Yummy foods I make - None!! See above under Chore I Hate!! I do like to bake and make good cookies and cakes. HB loves my pineapple upside down cake.

Zodiac - I'm on the cusp of Virgo and Libra....I say I'm a Virbra! I have Libra rising and my moon is in Cancer. SWHP had my chart done and it's quite odd....all my planets are in one small section of the chart. They aren't spread all around as most people's are. I'm not sure what that means but it sure looks strange on the chart!

Ok, now you know all there is to know about me!! If anyone wants to do this meme feel free to take it and run.

I TRIED to insert a photo here to show you that I really am being crafty but I guess blogger didn't agree! So no photo but I am working on things.

And last but certainly not least, Happy Birthday Ryder!! My grandson is 14 today ....on the 14th.

3 comments:

  1. Virbra! HA!! I love that!

    I guess you wouldn't like the true story of the time J was in the Phillippines (when he was in the Marines) and they were camped in the jungle and he woke up with a snake coiled on his chest, staring him in the face. Snakes aren't even one of my phobias and I think that would've sent me into heart failure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb - NO!! I would have freaked for sure! Even thinking about it gives me the creeps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list. Aren't these fun?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!