Monday, July 10, 2006

Countdown....

It's Monday so I'm being a bit lazy and doing another list!! Got this one from Deb at Red Shoe Ramblings. She called it a Countdown Meme. So here goes.....

10 Favorites
Favorite Season: Fall
Favorite Color: How long have you been reading this blog?? PURPLE!!!
Favorite Time: Dusk or very early morning.
Favorite Food: Fruit....just about any of them.
Favorite Drink: For years I would have answered Pepsi but no more. Water with a slice of lemon. And if its an alcoholic drink, make it a margarita!
Favorite Ice Cream: Coffee or butter pecan
Favorite Place: Yosemite or the central coast of California
Favorite Sport: You must be joking!
Favorite Actor: This changes all the time but currently I like Robert Duvall.
Favorite Actress: This is a toughie....maybe Meryl Streep???? As a kid I liked Susan Hayward....don't ask me why but she was the one I liked!

9 Currents
Current Feeling: Antsy....I guess that's a real word.
Current Drink: Water
Current Time: 8:13 PM on Sunday evening
Current Show on TV: I think HB is watching Dateline
Current Mobile used: Cingular
Current Windows Open: Bloglines, Blogger
Current Underwear: Yes, I'm wearing some but I won't discuss that with anyone but HB!!
Current Clothes: Said underwear, jeans shorts, t-shirt with Palm Beach Florida logo, and I'm barefoot! (But not pregnant!!!)
Current Thought: "Wonder if HB is going to bring me some strawberries and whipped cream?" I can hear him whipping the cream right now.

8 Firsts
First Nickname: Jenny, later in high school it was Jake
First Kiss: Mike something....at a free movie when I was about 12 or 13, I think.
First Crush: I think it would have been Elvis.
First Best Friend: Emma Jean Covey....she lived down the street from me when I was very young, and she and her brother taught me to ride a two-wheeler.
First Vehicle I Drove: 1960 Rambler
First Job: Babysitting....first "real" job was with Illinois Bell. I was an operator....way before there was such a thing as direct-dial!!!
First Date: It was so significant that I don't remember!!
First Pet: Cat named Socks

7 Lasts
Last Drink: Water
Last Kiss: HB
Last Meal: Dinner tonight - turkey medallions on the grill, potatoes, green beans (and HB just brought me some strawberry shortcake!)
Last Web Site Visited: flikr
Last Film Watched: does one on tv count...."The Princess Bride" this afternoon. I love that movie!!
Last Phone Call: Molly
Last TV show Watched: Rezoned on HGTV

6 Have You Evers
Have You Ever Broken the Law: Yes
Have You Ever Been Drunk: Yes
Have You Ever Kissed Someone You Didn't Know: Yes
Have You Ever Been in the Middle/Close to Gunfire: No unless you count hunting.
Have You Ever Skinny Dipped: No (I can't swim!)
Have You Ever Broken Anyone's Heart: Don't know....

5 Things
Things You Can Hear Right Now: Kids in the pool next door, the tv, the sound of the air chiller (swamp cooler), the wind outside the office, the clicking of the keys as I type.
Things On Your Bed: Pillows, sheets, a crocheted cover I made, a book, and later me!
Things You Ate Today: A crumpet with lemon curd, banana, some veggie chips, the dinner I mentioned above along with the strawberry shortcake. Oh and one small piece of dark chocolate!!
Things You Wouldn't Want to Live Without: HB, my family, my own computer, a bathroom(!), books, and art/craft supplies. I know I cheated....that's 6....so kill me!
Things You Do When You Are Bored: Read, watch HGTV, surf the internet, discover and read blogs. That's only four so I'm borrowing that one extra from above! Now we're even.

4 Places You Have Been Today
Trader Joe's
Upstairs
Downstairs
Outside (as you can probably tell, I stayed home most of the day!!)


3 Things On Your Desk Right Now
My empty strawberry shortcake dish!!
A soft, fuzzy little bear Molly gave me a few years ago
Photos

2 Choices
Black or White: Black
Hot or Cold: Cold

1 Place You Want To Visit
I'm not a good traveler but I would love to see England and Australia.

That's it for today....blogger wouldn't let me post a photo!!

5 comments:

  1. What time do you get up in the morning? I think you are 3 hours behind us, and you have already done all that!!! It's 10:30 a.m here now.
    I am very impressed of the things you have done, you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pirk - I cheated and answered all the questions last night! But I do get up between 6 and 7 each morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was it Overhule---the Mike guy.
    I think that was how you spelled his last name. WG

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you did the list!

    (FWIW, I think hunting or target practice either one counts for the gun question. It didn't ask if anyone was shooting at you, just if you'd been near or in the middle of gunfire.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved your answers. You have a delightful sense of humor. I also could comiserate with the seed bead spill,,been there, done that,,and its a pain! I love the little needle holder you made,,I want one,,it must go on my list,,my very long list.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!