Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Doing something good....

One of the main topics for bloggers lately is the heat!! It seems to be bad just about everywhere. I'm going to give you something else to think about!!

Yesterday while cruisin' the web (and trying to stay cool) I came across something that I think is a great idea for anyone who knits or crochets. For quite awhile I have been aware of Warm Up America where you can crochet or knit squares to be made into afghans for people who need them. I've participated at my local Michael's store and put squares together. I also send squares to Drew for Heartmade Blessings.

Well, now the Warm Up America website is also asking for little caps for newborn babies. And who can say no to making something for a new baby!! If you are interested here is the website that gives all the information.

I have tons of yarn and lots of time so I know I will be making these little caps. Hopefully little babies all over the world will soon be sporting a jkbees original!!

Now for something else altogether....back in June DebR had this challenge for her readers. I entered my suggestion and on Tuesday mine was one she picked!! She did an incredible job and you can see it here. If you haven't visited her blog, I can highly recommend it. She does some amazing photography and photoshop work plus she's a quilter. And that's also where I get most of my meme ideas!!

4 comments:

  1. Thats amazing how she did that in photoshop,,she is good! I do somethings like that in PaintShop Pro,,but not as good as that.
    Stay cool sweet Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that's a great idea about the knitted hats! I have a pattern for newborns that I've knitted four times already this year. My friends and relatives (and me too!) just seem to be in that age when babies keep popping up, and Norway is a country where you need a hat for a newborn, if he's not born during these few weeks in midsummer. I'm not sure I have the time to join in at this stage, but I will absolutely consider it in some other stage of life, when I have less demands on my time. Congratulations on picking the "clone" theme, that's really clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beth - yes, I have to agree....she is good!! I have PaintShop Pro 9 and haven't got a clue how to use it!

    torun - thanks for stopping by. No problem about the hats, I'm just making the information available to anyone who wants it. No pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun project! I'm not the world's best knitter, but I can do simple stuff.
    Thanks for you sweet comments :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!