Thursday, July 13, 2006

It's so hot...I'm in a bikini!!!

I bet you never thought you'd see that title....huh? And I also bet you're sorry you did!!! But never fear....I wouldn't subject any of you to me, here and now, in a bikini. It just wouldn't be a pretty sight!

What I will share with you though is me at about 2 - 3 years of age, in a two-piece (hey, that's close to a bikini) swimsuit. Now folks, this swimsuit is made of WOOL!!!! How insane is that!!! Here is a little kid forced to wear an itchy (and it is) hot, wool swimsuit in the middle of summer in Central Illinois. Think hot and humid and you'll have it. No wonder I look so comfy....



Don't you just love that sexy pose? I was just a born sexpot! And the hair! What's up with that? Apparently it was a problem even way back then!

Now some of you may be thinking that isn't that amazing I still have a photo from the dark ages!....taken way back....I can barely believe it....before digital cameras! Heck, it was before Polaroid! Maybe just after the invention of film!

Well, not only do I still have the photo....you guessed it....I still have the swimsuit! Granted it doesn't fit me anymore, and it does have a few moth holes but I still have it! And here is the proof....



This is a close-up to show I wasn't kidding about the moth holes....



But considering that this swimsuit is older than dirt, I think its in pretty good shape! What do you think???

4 comments:

  1. Where do you keep all of this items? I loved the picture, there is a statement in that pose! WG

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my Dear Janet...this is priceless!!! and you still have it!!! What a cutie!!! It's back to the heat for us girl!!! those fires aren't close are they??? This dang state will burn up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wg - every little nook and cranny I can find!

    vicci - no we aren't close to the fire. it's about 75 miles from us. but hot....very hot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie your were,,even in your itchy wool swimsuit,,so cute! Amazed that you still have it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!