Saturday, July 15, 2006

Saturday Sky....again

I'm cheating just a little bit today! Sshhh! Don't tell anyone. I actually took my Saturday sky photo Friday evening! In case anyone doesn't know, we live in Southern California in the High Desert just north of Los Angeles. On a good day with not much traffic we can drive to the area around Los Angeles in about an hour and 15 minutes. That will give you an idea of where we are located.

Right now there is a big wildfire burning about 75 miles from us. We are not in any danger from the fire....but I just wanted to let you know how far away it is because last evening we could see the smoke from that fire!!



This was taken just before sunset (sorry about the bad angle...I had to climb up a bit to get this photo) and that is smoke in the sky and not clouds! I took this over the back fence looking east southeast. I tried not to get too much of the neighbor's house in there.

If you would like to read more about this fire, referred to as the Sawtooth Complex, here is a link to one of our L.A. news stations.

And just one more little weather-related tid-bit....they are predicting a high today of 109ยบ where we live with humidity higher than usual! Needless to say, I'll be staying indoors most of the afternoon!

3 comments:

  1. Wow,,smoke not clouds,,thats wild. And I was just watching the weather channel and they had a program on about wild fires. Its hotter than you know what here too, and very dry. Humidity is awful. I am staying inside too,,except I did go out when a cloud came over and took some pics of the flowers.
    I love your Saturday Sky's pictures,,so cool! And you stay cool Janet! Have a lovely week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ACK to the fire and to those temps!!

    But the photo is cool. I like the odd angle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice shot and oh, my, the humidity and temp....I don't know how I'd handle that!!!!!! I think it's humid enough on the east coast, but at least we don't get that high in temp. yikes. stay cool!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!