Monday, July 24, 2006

You asked for it...

Just so there's no confusion, this entry was written and waiting for posting today. I usually write entries ahead of schedule when I actually have the time. And since it has been so hot I write them very late at night. So this has nothing to do with The Bad Hair Day theme that is happening on some blogs....although I do like that idea. This is about my good hair....my easy-care, wash-n-wear hair. Some of you may think it's bad hair but that's ok....I love it.

This is my new hair cut....well, it isn't really a new style but just a new stylist. And she got it just right. I'm not a nice-tidy-hair-kind-of-gal!! Even if I am a little old lady don't expect me to dress like one or style my hair like one. I like "messy" styles....nothing neat, nothing laying flat, nothing that takes more than 5 minutes to do. I don't even blow-dry my hair most of the time. I just put some holding gel on my hands and rub it into my hair, pull it straight up and that's about it. No muss, no fuss.



When Angel (the new stylist) did my hair it looked much better than when I do it but I still like the results. Messy but in a good-messy-kind-of-way! Sorry I had to do the old camera in the mirror trick but I was home alone. (No, I didn't have two guys break-in and wreck havoc while I played tricks on them!! But that might have been fun if it was like the movie....happy ending!)

On another subject....I recently saw this on etsy and thought it was just perfect for me. From the time I was 18 years old until I was about 40 years old, I had blonde hair. (Ssshh! It came from a bottle but don't tell anyone! It will be our little secret!) And now my hair is grey.

So I bought the pin, received it a few days later and have been wearing it ever since. It is so cute! Kim, the crafter who makes these buttons (plus many other things) has a brand new blog. You can visit her here. If you go, please tell her I sent you.

10 comments:

  1. Gray is the new blonde - cute! Like black is the new pink, from Wicked.
    I'm not gray enough for it though. I'm gray-streaked. It's fine, I like it, but I'm thinking of henna - it makes the gray come in red streaked. Very cool, without being obvious. Hmmmm, maybe I'll do that soon, while summer is still in high mode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the button! Your hairdo is what my little 7yr old grandson called "pikey" (He had a hard time with "s")
    I think it looks very stylish and just great on you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. laume - mine has been grey for a few years and I just don't want to mess with it!

    sue - pikey is it... I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,,
    I like the new do!! Glad you like your new stylist! I need to get something done to mine, espiecally before I got back to work in August. Stay cool Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Linda6:29 AM

    Love your hair!! One day i will let go of the 'control' I feel I need to have over mine... one day... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Janet...I love it girl! Looks great! and very stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to have hair that sticks up, but my hair stylist doesn't want to cut my hair that short. Apparently my face is too round.

    I have mousse (sp?), but it doesn't hold the hair up...

    I love your self portrait by the mirror. Your hair looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you hair style! Very chic, very NOW. I think "silver" hair is wonderful. Mine is not all grey yet, just a weird mixture ... and i keep it some weird box color ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all the comments on my hair!!

    Beth - hope you stay cool, too! This heat is killer.

    Linda - yep, I know what you mean! I tried to have control over mine for years and finally gave up!

    Vicci - Thanks!!

    Pirk - I use some industrial strength stuff to keep it standing up! Don't get near me or one of my spikes could stab you!! Strong stuff

    Kim - Thanks. My mom had silver hair and I always loved it. Now I have my own!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janet, I am Beth's Mom. She told me about you and I wanted to meet you. I enjoyed all of your writings about your events. I loved your dress and it was wonderful that you were able to save your dress and flowers. What year did you graduate from high school. I graduated from high school in 1947(oh my just told my age LOL) I am young at heart but my old bones are creaky and stiff and just about gone. Beth said you might move this way. We would love to make you a Tennessean. I am glad to meet you and anytime you would like to email me would love to hear from you.
    Your New Friend
    Lottie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!