Thursday, August 24, 2006

Brain Gridlock

Do you ever have those days when you just have so much to do that you almost become paralyzed and can't seem to begin?

Well, I'm having one of those months! I have projects just jammed up inside my head. It makes me think of traffic on the 101 or the 5 just about 4:30 or 5:00 in the afternooon....for anyone not familiar with CA traffic in and around L.A. that means gridlock!

The ideas just keep coming but there isn't any time to be creative! I'm still trying to unload a ton of stuff that I've kept for who knows how long. I feel as if I can't breathe with all this stuff around me. It is suffocating me.

I'm planning a yard sale but that is on hold for a bit, so now there are piles of stuff in all the nooks and crannies of the house. I've tried doing one room at a time but that hasn't worked out too good. When I get one room clean then I use it as a sorting place and then it gets messed up again!

Well, all of this will sort itself out soon....I hope! I'm usually a fairly organized person....don't laugh....I AM!! But for some reason I've gotten off-track recently and can't seem to find my way back.

Maybe I'll blame it all on the excessive heat we had earlier. Yeah, that sounds good. Or maybe I can blame it on the fact that Pluto is no longer a planet. My horoscope is all messed up now. Hey, give me a break! I'm reaching here! And Harley's episode didn't help matters either. By the way, he is almost his old self again....but I still haven't heard that deep, rumbly purr that goes with his name.

Whatever it is I want it to get finished with me and let me get back to "normal"....and have some time for myself.

I'm still working on the black and white afghan for Molly. During all the hot weather I didn't even pick up my crochet hook. So I'm way behind on that. I have several paintings that are mid-way and are just sitting there staring at me. I have several small items that I've been working on but they're just hiding out in the craft room.

All this is just driving me crazy!! Now I'm off to run errands for most of the morning and then by the time I get home I'll be tired and hot and won't want to do anything!

(I have been trying all afternoon to upload a photo but it just won't take it. So no "visual" today. I'll keep trying later.)

5 comments:

  1. You need company coming, that will get you going, at least it worked for me. Glad Harley is better.
    And the lavendar is much better, and definitly more you. WG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes....Girl!!!! It must be in the air!!!! I wished we lived closer..we get get together and toast to this "whatever" we are going through! Janet...guess what!!! I STILL have NOT touched the art room!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wg - company couldn't get in the door!!

    vicci - I wished we lived closer, too. Myabe you could teach me to make some of those fantastic atc's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Think we've all had that kind of summer; and yes, you can blame it on the heat. Who wants to get anything started??? I've put off painting my BR all summer and now I don't even feel like doing it this weekend even though I am trying to prepare it. You are definately not alone. It's been kinda a head-in-the-sand kinda summer!!! I hate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am here brain gridlocked right along side you! I have that much swarming in my head, there is no room. we need ourselves a creative weekend away - gals only. oh what fun that would be!
    ps- I have experienced traffic in LA - sheesh - how can you do that everyday?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!