Followers

Thursday, August 17, 2006

DB Cooper and Snow Dancing

Bet that title got your attention! It will all make sense in a minute....trust me! I am sooo excited! There's a new movie coming out soon that I want to see about 50 times, at least! It is being advertised everywhere and it just looks like my kind of movie. Think I'll try to be one of the first in line to see "Snakes on a Plane"....

If anyone has been reading this blog very long you know I hate snakes!! I don't want to see them, hear about them, I don't even want to be on the same planet with them!! And now every time I turn on the TV or even go online what do I see but something advertising "Snakes on a Plane"

How sadistic can someone be to think up a storyline like that!! What could be more horrible than to be trapped on an airplane full of snakes! Well, it would be my worst nightmare, I can tell you. I think I would have to just do a DB Cooper right out of that plane! For anyone too young to know who DB Cooper is, you can learn all about him here.

I'm not really interested in having the you-know-what scared out of me so I think this movie will be on my DO NOT SEE list! You couldn't pay me enough money to sit through such torture! And I actually like Samuel L. Jackson!!

Now that I've got that off my chest (whew!!) I'll show you a little bit of artwork I did over the past couple of days....in between taking care of Harley and getting some of his medicine down him.


I think I'll call her Snow Dancer....



Here's a close-up because her face doesn't show up too good in the other photo.



I did this mostly with Prismacolor markers and matching colored pencils. Speaking of those markers....does anyone know a trick to help them when they start to dry out? When we bought them the young girl in the art store told me there was a trick to keep them going even when they start to dry out....but I can't remember what it was! Some of them have barely been used and they already seem to be drying out! I have the set of 72 markers. HB bought them for me....he always encourages me to be creative. He's such a sweetie!

7 comments:

  1. Snakes and planes! Two of my least favorite things1 I am so with you on that one.
    I love your snow dancer. The colors are beautiful and her face is so sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think snow dancer is beautiful!

    Yep, that movie is on my "not to see" list too. I really dislike snakes and since I have issues with falling, I dislike flying too (I'll do it, but I'd rather not). Seeing a movie that combines these two seems as enjoyable as a dentist doing a root canal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate horror movies, even if they are not categorized as such.
    So, anything with snakes would indicate horror for me. Definitely on the "no" list.

    Your Snowdancer is amazing! I love the colors, the face and the composition. Everything makes me feel happy inside.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is a link I found that might be helpful about dried out Prismacolor markers. Here is another. I notice that a number of web authors complain about the problem of pens drying out with little or no use, but I couldn't find much in the way of hot tipe to restore them to working condition. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet. Snap! I have just posted about snakes because I saw the trailer for that film and so have you. I think your snow princess is wonderful, they would make lovely christmas cards. Love xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool drawing! It looks like something that could be made in stained glass.

    (I kind of want to see "Snakes on a Plane" but I know I'll probably be sorry if I do.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no interest in seeing the movie, but I've been having a lot of fun saying the title - it's just so lame - like Attack of the Killer Tomatoes! I'm sure my William will go see it though.

    Your Snow Dancer is adorable. She looks like a nature spirit of some sort, swinging a bit of green about, waiting for spring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!