Sunday, August 13, 2006

Hungry??



Are you hungry? How about a slice of banana bread and a cup of tea? Sound good? Well, come on over. The bread is still warm from the oven and it's a very simple recipe that my mom used all the time.

BANANA BREAD

2 C sifted flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

1/2 C butter
1 C sugar
2 eggs
1 C mashed ripe bananas
1 C chopped nuts (I prefer pecans)

1/3 C milk to which you add 1 tsp lemon juice or vinegar

***********************************************************

Mix the sifted flour, soda, and salt together and set aside.

Cream the butter, add the sugar, creaming well.

Add the eggs and the mashed bananas and continue to mix well.

Add the dry ingredients, alternating with the milk, beginning and ending with the dry. Mix well after each addition.

Stir in the chopped nuts and mix. Pour into a 9" X 5" X 3" loaf pan and bake at 350ยบ for 60 - 70 minutes.

***********************************************************

Now wasn't that easy? Told ya! Tastes good, too. HB and I love this bread. So what are you waiting for? Either get over here and help us eat it or make some of your own. You'll be glad you did.

And the best part...there's none of that bad stuff - high fructose corn syrup or partially hydrogenated oils!!

11 comments:

  1. OK,,I will be there shortly,,and there better be some of that delicious bread left for me,,lol. I sure do wish I could come and visit and have bread and tea with you,,maybe one day when you move to Tennesee!!! Banana Bread is my favorite,,Mom also makes Zuchinni Bread that is great too.
    Have a wonderful Sunday, Sweet Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet,
    This looks delish! I've never seen lemon juice added to the milk before!
    When we were at Costco, bananas were 4# for.69¢ !
    I thought about baking banana bread, but decided not to buy so many!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep me a slice I'm, on my way. yum yum xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmmm!

    Where's your Harley report for the day? I hope he's better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet,I have your blog along with some others listed below my browser bar..I have checked your site but it appeared you hadn't written anything since Wed. THEN I hit "refresh" and voila....SO, now I am up to date and hoping with each day Harley improves more and more. (after 3 pets over the years that had illness or injury they should rename their clinic after us - $$$). As for your dress, it's SO Sandra Dee how wonderful that you saved it! yum, banana bread, tea and good conversation? I hope you are ready for more company. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry everyone....HB and I ate the bread!! Well, not all of it but we sure put a dent in it!

    beth - zuchinni bread is also one of my favs.

    sue - That's a great price for bananas!

    daisy lupin - Hurry...it's almost gone!

    robin - more on Harley tomorrow.

    lisa - I'm always ready for more company!! Thanks for "refreshing" me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I needed the recipe. Thanks so much. Yours looks so yummy. If you were not so far away, I would drive to your place and have some banana cake.

    I commented on your comments on my blog, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vrooom vroooom, on my way!!! (A little bouquet from the garden in my hand for you!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. pirk - wish you were close enough to drive over!

    rosa - oh, flowers! I love flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yummmmm. What is the driving time between Turlock and Antelope Valley?????

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think many Australians will be making Banana Bread for quite some time. Last time I looked they were $16 per kilo, as most of the banana plantations were wiped out by Cyclone Larry earlier this year.

    Thanks for visiting my blog, Janet. Feel free to wander through it at will. There are lots more photos dating back to May 2005.

    Enjoy your day - I'm sure you enjoy everyday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!