Sunday, August 06, 2006

It's a Purple Haze Kinda Day!!!

Where we live, the mail is delivered to locked boxes placed at intervals along the street. Ours happens to be just a few doors down from us but even so there are many times (especially when it was so hot) that I don't get down to pick up the mail until the next day. We get busy or we aren't home right then or any number of reasons but the mail doesn't get picked up. Plus our mail is delivered late in the afternoon.

And that's exactly what happened over the weekend. HB walked down Sunday morning to get Saturday's mail and look what he brought back.....



This is the fabric postcard that I received from Deb over at Red Shoe Ramblings!! Here is the link where you can see and read about how I came to receive this gift.

It is just so "me" with the purple sandals and nail polish!! I had to scan it so the photo does not do it justice. It now has a place of honor on my desk where I can look at it every day. Oh, and she named it Purple Haze 2!

Thank you, Deb, for choosing my idea and for making such a fantastic gift for me. I will treasure it.

6 comments:

  1. How special! I love the purple toes and shoes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Janet! Cool card! Same with the mail here...locked boxes...way down our road...and mail delivered late in the afternoon...have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! What a pain to get your mail. I'd probably get it about once a week! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your prize was well earned... good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sue - Me too! Anything purple is for me!

    vicci - Thanks. I guess the locked boxes are a good idea but sometimes its a pain!

    rosa - You're right! See answer above!!

    robin - Thanks! It was fun and I was surprised that I was picked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the card made it safely, Janet, and glad you like it. Yay! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!