Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Random Countdown Meme

I've been having a dry spell the last couple of days so I was digging through some things I saved and came up with a meme!! I know....you're thrilled aren't you?? Well, this one comes from who else but Deb and she got it from Crazy Aunt Purl. It's called Random Countdown....so here we go.......

TEN random things you might not know about me:

1. I have my ears pierced for three earrings...two on the right ear and one on the left.
2. I am afraid of heights. Don't like glass elevators or anything like that!
3. I was a bartender in a nice steakhouse before I moved to California. As a single parent it was good money and short hours.
4. I also sold real estate back in the 70's.
5. I have always wished I was taller. As a teenager I met a distant relative at some family gathering....she was tall and willowy. From that moment on I wanted to be tall like her.
6. I had an Uncle Fat (that's what everyone called him!) who played Santa Claus every year.
7. I had aunts who were twins.
8. Math and science are not my strong subjects! My fifth grade teacher embarrassed me in front of the whole classroom because I couldn't do some multiplication tables and from that moment on I have a fog roll in when I'm confronted with math problems!
9. I have lived longer than either of my parents.
10. I used to have a bad temper....but I got over it.


NINE places I've visited:

1. Disneyland in Anaheim, CA
2. Yosemite National Park (one of my favorite places)
3. Gatlinburg, TN
4. Colorado Springs, CO
5. Santa Fe, NM....gorgeous town!
6. Canada
7. Mexico
8. Leavenworth, WA....a Bavarian-type village. Very picturesque.
9. West Palm Beach, FL (HB grew up there)
(I know these aren't very exciting but I think I've told you - I'm not a good traveler!!)

EIGHT ways to win my heart:

1. Cook for me!!
2. Do something nice for my kids or my grandkids.
3. Hold the door for me even if I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself.
4. Laugh at my jokes....even if they aren't all that funny!
5. Make me think I'm smart!
6. Notice little things.
7. Buy me flowers or any other little gift "just bee-cause"....gifts for no reason.
8. Tell me you like the things I create (even if they aren't good)


SEVEN things I want to do before I die:

1. Visit Alaska. My son lives there.
2. Research my family tree.
3. Take a vacation with no time restrictions....just travel until I want to stop and then stay until I want to leave. Stop along the road at antique shops or fruit stands or anything that looks interesting. Like taking a leisurely stroll.
4. Learn Paint Shop Pro!!
5. Live a simpler life with fewer possessions.
6. Have a room just for books....doesn't make much sense if you read number 5!!
7. Create something that people will love.

SIX things I'm afraid of:

1. Snakes
2. And then there's snakes.
3. Snakes on a plane.
4. Snakes anywhere near me.
5. Did I mention snakes??
6. Anything that even looks like it might be a snake!

FIVE things I don't like:

1. Bigotry
2. Narrow-minded people
3. Rudeness
4. Anyone who deliberately hurts someone.
5. Blood and guts movies/tv

FOUR ways to turn me off:

1. Preach to me about anything.
2. Not respecting my privacy or my space.
3. Ignore me when I'm talking.
4. Hurt someone I love.

THREE things I do every day:

1. Read something before bed.
2. Watch something on HGTV!! I admit it....I'm an HGTV addict.
3. Spend too much time on the computer!!

TWO things that make me happy:

1. Ice cream
2. Finding fun, new art supplies.

ONE thing on my mind right now:

1. Getting some ice cream and new art supplies so I'll be even happier than I am that I made it through this meme!!!! This was a toughie for me.


And I don't have a photo for this so here's another of my little watercolor fantasy flower thingies....

6 comments:

  1. I have two on the left and one on the right. And I`ve wished I was taller too forever. Luckily my hubby likes short and he`s tall. My biggest wish is to have naturally straight hair instead of having to straighten it. Too old now for curly and it was the bane of my teenage years. I`m sure my life as a teen would have been totally different with a hair straightener lol
    Before hubby days if the girls went to Toronto for a night out on the town, I had country girl written all over me. Oh....you look like Elly May (Beverly Hillbillies) or the brunette off of Gilligans Island...forget her name. Not polished for the city was I.
    Not the greatest self confidence boosters LOL


    tea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't seen this meme before. I may
    borrow it for another day. We have lots of similarities.
    Snakes are one!
    I'd also like to be able to travel with no restriction as to time (or money!!)
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting information!

    I love the painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your watercolor flowers are beautiful!

    I loved reading your answers to this meme.

    PS...I went to see "SoaP" a couple of days ago. I thought it was hilarious, but then I'm not phobic about planes OR snakes, so I'm sure you'd hate it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear Janet,,I felt like I was reading about Meme,,we have so much in common. The math thingy,,whew,,its always been like a foreign language. I haven't visited all the great places you have visited,,but I have been to a few. I HATE SNAKES,,and would never fly again if I found one on a plane,,(I have no plans to see that movie).
    I sure love your cards,,your art is just awesome! Take care Sweet Janet!!! And go buy some more art supplys,,you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. molly6:21 PM

    Hi Mom! I like the purple colors :)
    ..and now I know not to keep bringing banana cream pies to Thanksgiving dinner! -ha)

    and all the drawings are cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!