Thursday, September 21, 2006

Happy Birthday!!!

Yes, today is my birthday. I'm 36 years old....oops, wait a minute, I think I may have transposed those numbers!! OK....I'm actually 63 today. But I'm just a kid in an old gal's body! Now here's fair warning. I'm gonna bore you to death with baby photos so if you don't click away you'll be subjected to me as a baby.

Here's what I looked like when I was only 10 days new....I sure don't look too happy about my new experience!



This is what 6 months of life on earth did to me....I'm posing nude and don't seem to be a bit bashful about it.



Then one year new....



Here I am at about two years....very prim and proper! But sitting on a table! Where are my manners? At least I'm not dancing on it. After that last photo you might expect anything!



I'm not sure about this one except I think I'm probably about three. My mom and dad and I were living at a naval facility in Bremerton,WA (my dad was in the navy during WWII) and I'm told our neighbor called me Cleopatra. Don't know why but that's what's on the back of this photo. It's probably the one and only photo of me where I'm actually dirty!! My mom tried her very best to make me a frilly little girl. Most of the time it just didn't work out that way.



Would you believe I have that little sunsuit? It's red and white checks, and I may even have the blanket I'm posing on in the second photo!! I have two baby blankets and they both have satin ribbon on the edges and look very much like the blanket in that photo!

I have tons of photos of me when I was a baby. My mom had my photo taken once a month! She kept a copy, sent a copy to my dad, and my maternal grandma had a copy. I'm sure my other grandma had one too. When my dad came home from the navy he brought all his photos home; when grandma died all her photos came to my mom, then when my mom died they all came to me....so I have three and four copies of every photo of me taken each month until I was about three years old! Maybe that's why I have tried to avoid cameras all my adult life! Too damn many photos of me already!!

Here are some other people who have September 21st as their birthday....

Wells, H. G. (1866)
Hagman, Larry (1931)
Bruckheimer, Jerry (1945)
King, Stephen (1947)
Murray, Bill (1950)
Hill, Faith (1967)
Lake, Ricki (1968)
Richie, Nicole (1981)

Kind of an odd group, don't you think?! And here is some information about my birthday....or so they say. I don't think it sounds much like me.

Your Birthdate: September 21

You're a restless rebel with an unpredictable nature.
Bright but unbridled, you tend to seek out wild experiences over new ideas.
People are frustrated by your great potential, but you love your unconventional life.
You're a heartbreaker. People get attached to you, and then you're gone.

Your strength: Your thirst for adventure

Your weakness: Not taking time for slow pleasures

Your power color: Hot pink

Your power symbol: Figure eight

Your power month: March


I can assure you I am not adventurous, and I seldom seek out wild experiences!! Oops, I forgot that posing nude stuff way back in my younger days!

Well, hot pink is NOT my color....we all know it's purple! So much for the accuracy of these things! :-)

19 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Janet, hope you have a wonderful day. Lucky you to have so many photos, I don't have many of myself as a baby and little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Janet, Happy Birthday toooooo you! Ok, it was a little off key but it came from the heart. I hope you have a most wonderful and spectacular day! The photos are fantastic, how great to have so many through the years!
    XOXO
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. HBDTY!!! I love being back and catching up on all your posts, which are, as always, entertaining - including all the baby Janet pictures. My Dad and Grandfather were both photo/camera crazed; so I too have a ton of duplicate/triplicate pictures. They're fun! May the celebration of your special day be exactly what you want. I'm so glad you were born!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy Birthday Sweet Janet!!!!! A wonderful 36 years old!!!! (oh! don't ya wish) ha! So what special plans do you have for this wondrous day??? I hope they are GOOD ones! You can always swing over to my house and help me clean that dang art room! Nooo...I wouldn't do that to you on your special day! The pics are priceless...I especially love the one with the dirty knees!!! Happy Birthday from your blogger buddy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are having a wonderful day.
    Love your little Janet photos --
    Birthday wishes, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! You were adorable, such a cutie-pie. I think your Mom had a lot of love and pride in you! Look at how you were dressed to the nines for these 'photo ops'! Its charming and very sweet. Mom's today don't have time for that and wouldn't bother with it anyway, I think! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Happy Birthday and MANY HAPPY RETURNS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. molly a.k.a. SWHP3:33 PM

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! Oh..I just love the "Cleopatra" picture! That is so cute! Have the best day ever for the best Mom in the world!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday Ms Janet!!!!
    You've been on the planet for 23,011 days..
    Born on Tuesday, so you're full of grace!!
    On Monday, February 5, 2007 at 3:33:20 AM , you'll have your 2,000,000,000 seconds birthday on earth :)
    Thursday, March 1, 2012 is your 25,000th day here.. teehee..
    Im so happy that you're here!!!
    Peace, Kai.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Birthdate means:

    You excel at anything difficult or high tech. In other words, you're a total (brilliant) geek. It's difficult for you to find people worth spending time with. Which is probably why you'll take over the world with your evil robots!

    Your strength: Your unfailing logic

    Your weakness: Loving machines more than people

    Your power color: Tan

    This stuff is way true. Love it.
    By the way Janet, I got the sweater crochet instructions yesterday in the snail mail. Ya know your gesture restores my faith in humanity, that you did that for me unfaulteringly. So kind and so generous. Thank you so very very very much.

    For anyone curious, it is the blog a week or so ago with the crochet mag. The sweater is the purple granny square one a ways down in the scroll. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. PS. Oh yea, Happy Birthday, and adorable baby pictures. I like the one on the pier with the dirty knees. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HappyHappy Birthday,Janet!!! (I'm not late, I'm extending the celebration.)

    I LOVED seeing all the photos of MiniYou.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy belated Birthday Janet! Hope you're still celebrating!! How adorable. You sure did have long legs at 20 days old! What a cutey. I love baby pics. Don't you love they way they used to put us atop furniture (that wasn't meant to sit on) to take our pics!! It's nice that you have more than one set. You should put one set somewhere safe--ya never know!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, Janet!
    I almost missed it (I've been MIA), but decided to have some nice reading while I am knitting.

    Your adventures were done with your RV. I think that is pretty brave, if anything. So, IMHO, you are adventurous.

    Your baby pictures are adorable.

    Have a beautiful, beautiful, just like you are, Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Janet, I hope you had a lovely day and got some lovely presents. There are some very cute photos there of you. You are as old as you feel so just make it 36. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Many Happy Returns.

    I think that you should invite all the people on that list round for a party. H G Wells might be otherwise engaged. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. HappY bIrThDAy!!!! I loved seeing your baby pics! HAVE FUN! I know you will!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so sorry to be late to the party!
    Is there any cake left?
    Happy Belated Birthday!
    Love all the pictures...
    May the year ahead bring you every happiness.
    Thanks for your kind thoughts about my husband.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy late birthday. I have bunches of pic of me in my first 2 years. I also have a dress still that my grandmother and great aunt made for me when I was about 18 months. I have pictures of me, my daughter, and grand daughter in that dress.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! The photos are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!