Thursday, September 28, 2006

It's all about blogs!!!!

Recently Gemma tagged me for this meme. I think someone else may have also tagged me on this one but, I'm sorry, I don't remember who!

1. Are you happy/satisfied with your blogs content and look?
No! I wish I could "pretty" it up and change the banner area at the top but I'm not a computer geek so I don't know how!

2.Does your family know about your blog?
I sent emails to the family members who have computers telling them I was starting a blog. I know my cousin reads it (she lives in Burbank) and my daughter reads it.

3. Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog? Do you consider it a private thing?
No, I don't feel embarrassed about it. If I wanted to keep something private I certainly wouldn't post it on the internet!



4.Did blogging cause any positive changes in your thoughts?
Yes! Most definitely. I read so many really wonderful blogs that inspire me, and they also make me stop and think about things in new ways.

5. Do you only open the blogs of those who comment on your blog or do you love to go discover more by yourself?
I love to explore new blogs. I often go to a blog I enjoy and then begin searching through their list of favorite blogs....many times I find blogs that way and then continue with the same thing over and over again until I have gone through several layers of blog lists. There are some truly amazing blogs being written.

6.What does a visitor counter mean to you? Do you like having one on your blog?
I love having a counter because not many people leave comments. If that was my only way of knowing I had visitors I would think maybe 5 - 10 people read my blog daily! My counter tells me there are a lot more people visiting my blog than that. And it's also fun to see what country has visited. I've had people visit from places as diverse as Lapland (yes, really!) and Israel and all over Europe, Australia, South Africa....so many places and without a counter I would never have known.

7. Do you try to imagine your fellow bloggers or give them real pictures?
I'm not sure what this question is all about. Most bloggers have their photo online so I don't have to imagine them. And I have posted my own photos.

8. Admit it. Do you feel like there is a real benefit to blogging?
ABSOLUTELY!! I think it gives people a place to express themselves, and to find out that their thoughts and feelings are not so different from everyone elses. I think it gives people a chance to get feedback on their creative abilities as well as on other subjects. It makes the world a smaller, less scary place in some ways.

9. Do you think that blogger society is isolated from the real world or interaction with events?
No, not any more so than anyone else! And actually they are probably more aware of some things than people who don't blog.



10. Does criticism annoy you or do you think it's normal?
Constructive criticism is always welcome. Criticism just to be mean is useless. I know many bloggers have had mean, nasty comments left on their blogs and I think that kind of criticism is unneessary. If I don't like a blog or don't agree with something I read, I just don't comment. Kinda like changing the channel on TV when I don't like the program!!

11.Do you fear some political blogs and avoid them?
I usually stay away from political blogs.



12. Were you shocked by the arrest of some bloggers?
I didn't hear about it!! Who was arrested and why??

13.What do you think will happen to your blog after you die?
It will do the same!

14. What song do you like to hear? What song would you like to link to your blog?
If I could link sound to my blog it would be the sound of birds singing in the morning....or water over stones in a creek....something like that.

15. The next victims
Anyone who wants to do this next!!

8 comments:

  1. Haven't seen this meme! I also didn't hear about the arrest of any bloggers!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cartoons you added.:-)
    Wouldn't it be nice to hear birds singing or soothing water over rocks....I could go for that too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just done that meme I think it is one of the best going round at the moment. I think we are all going tagging crazy at the moment too. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting reading your views on the meme and I love the cartoon of the dogs, it really made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this was a fun thing to do - and love your touch of the cartoons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you tagged me, I'd just ditto almost all of your answers ~ and you've written them so well, plus the cartoons are a fun touch!

    I love reading it when you do these things.

    BTW, I just googled bloggers arrested and got 10+ articles about bloggers in various countries being arrested for various crimes. I'm happy to report that none of them were quilters or beaders... ;>)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:35 PM

    Hi Janet,
    I switched to beta and so far so good. It wasn't a big deal, just a little different.
    I was able to actually fix a problem I had. But I think I could have done that anyway.

    Please don't tag me . . . I'm up to my ears in yard and house work.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!