Followers

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Teapots and Pitchers and Freud....Oh, My!!

HB and I are still busy re-doing the office area, and after all the gut-wrenching memories from yesterday's anniversary I just couldn't think of anything I wanted to write about today.

So I just decided to keep it short today and tell you about another one of my little quirks. So buckle up! We're going inside my mind! Now don't be afraid....it isn't that bad!!

I'm sure Freud would probably have a field day with this! I like things that pour or have a spout. I have a small collection of teapots, and would probably have more except I just don't have anyplace to display them. I cannot pass up a teapot or a graceful pitcher....these are gorgeous but just a little out of my price range!!!

Things that pour just seem to call out to me. They can be big or small or even miniature. I just like the shape of them because they usually have very flowing lines! Little cream pitchers, gravy boats, you name it....if it has a spout I like it. I even have a miniature tea set in a cardboard teapot box.



It was a bit difficult to get a photo of it because it has a shiny surface and some glittery gold outlines.

When you open the box there is a little gold (cheap plastic!!) tea set inside.



The teapot box is about 4" high and from spout to handle is about 7" so it isn't really very big. The little plates are about the size of coins. I can't remember where I bought this but it was most likely some thrift shop in one of the places we've lived.

I also like to draw these same things....this is a little drawing I did in markers.



"Bubbling Over" (It reminds me of a gourd!)

There now see....that wasn't so bad was it? I made sure we stayed on the brightly lit corridors and didn't wander off into the dark recesses of my mind! That would have been scary!

8 comments:

  1. I love it when you post your drawings!
    Teapots are a wonderful thing to collect.
    Hope the office redo is coming along smoothly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you Janet, I have a teapot collection large and small. I had to hault it as space ran out and even had to purge a few except the most special ones. (I love that little set you showed) My in-laws are moving to a senior complex so they have to downsize...the only thing I asked about was whether or not she had a an old teapot. (she didn't)
    Your drawing is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Janet,,,you would love the pig teapot that I have,,I will have to take a picture of it and send it to you! I Love the pic that you drew,,you should be a illustrator,,I know I have told you that before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one of those tea sets! Hmmm, I wonder where in the world I put it??? Gee. LOVE your drawing! That is the sweetest! Love the colors. I envy people who can draw!!! (greeeeeeen) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the drawing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teapots and jugs now that is wonderful it is such a lovely feeling to hold something you adore to collect and study it knowing how it makes you feel and to be now the proud owner.

    This is a lovely post and your drawing is just so lovely.

    I am sure the office redo will be over soon and all will be back to normal for you.

    see youa gain real soon.
    Lee-ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! spouts and things that pour, hmm sounds like things are getting murky lol! I just love those lovely tiny china teasets for children. I have a tiny Mrs Tiggywinkle cup and saucer. I must admit I have a few teapots as well, theres just sort of something about them, an everyday object but often beautifully decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sue - Thank you!

    lisa - I'm happy to learn there are others!

    beth - I'd love to see your pig teapot. That sounds so cute. Thanks for your nice comments on my drawing.

    rosa - Thanks! I hope you find your little tea set. I love mine.

    deb - Thanks!!!

    lee-ann - I'm sure the office re-do will be a thing of the past very soon and I'll be able to move on to some other re-do in another part of the house.

    daisy - aren't kid's things the best! I love children's books and toys.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!