Friday, September 29, 2006

What I did today!!!



Yes, I had a day of resting on the couch! Not quite this elegantly but you get the idea.

We worked so hard over the past few days and I think my inner self said "Enough, already!" We got out to run some errands this morning and when we got back home I ate some lunch and then got what I refer to as a "swimmy head" feeling....so I put myself on the couch and fell asleep for most of the afternoon!

HB is busy doing some work in the office but I'm just sitting here at the computer taking it easy. I'll work again tomorrow. Sounds a little like Scarlet O'Hara, doesn't it!

5 comments:

  1. Good for you! You need to be nice to your body, it's the only one you'll ever have. Go eat some frozen grapes, yummy and so good for you, that's what a friend of mine told me.....WG

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you needed to rest after all you've done recently, our bodies are pretty good at letting us know when enough is enough. A little peace and quiet and doing absolutely nothing is a good thing every so often. There's far too much rushing about in the modern world. Simmy posted a poem a few days ago by W H Davies which starts 'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare'. Her blog is Echoes of a Dream and the whole poem is on there, it's rather lovely and worth reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I am sure glad to hear you took some time to rest. Very important. I love this picture thought. Do you know the artist? I should go back and read before I ask, maybe you put it in the text. Will do that now. Have a great weekend. Go out to dinner
    Maryellen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a firm believer after being busy for a few days to have what I call a lolling around day and I am not adverse to having a snooze in the early afternoon on one of those days. You've got to space out the hectic times with a little bit of peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sometimes it does the soul good to spend all day on the couch. I have had the swimmy head today - gawd, I hope its not the full moon coming up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!