Followers

Monday, October 30, 2006

For the First Time....

I've had a lot of firsts in my life....63 years worth of them. So when Deb recently did a meme about firsts I thought I would try it, too. Some of these are going to be difficult for me to remember!! But I'll do my best.

1. Who was your first love?
Billy Bond in first grade! I had such a crush on him. I got in trouble because I pushed him behind the stage curtain and kissed him!

2. Who was your first kiss and when?
I just told you! But I guess my first real kiss was at the free movies in my neighborhood and I think his name was Michael.

3. Who was your first prom date?
Never attended a prom....no one ever asked me!

4. Who was your first room mate?
My best friend, Gail and I shared an apartment once.

5. What was your first job?
Babysitting, and then telephone operator. Remember, I told you about that.

6. What was your first car?
The first car that I chose and paid for was a Fiat convertible....and it was in 1987! I think the Fiat was about a 1974 model. I loved that car! The only time the top was up was if it was raining.



My first husband and I had a green Corvair. But I didn't consider it "mine."



7. When did you go to your first funeral?
I think it was my grandma's youngest brother. I was just a kid so I don't remember it too well.

8. How old were you when you first moved away from your hometown?
Probably in my early twenties. My (first) husband got a job in Centralia, IL. I think our son was less than a year old so that would have been 1963/64.

9. Who was your first grade teacher?
Miss Nellie Dale Grissom and I loved her!

10. Where did you go on your first ride in an airplane?
There was a farmer who lived nearby when I was a kid, and his son had a small plane. One day the son came to visit and my dad asked him if he would give us a ride in the plane. He took me and my dad and we flew around the local countryside. I was maybe about 7 or 8 years old. Then in 1976 I flew from Decatur, Il to L.A. to visit my Aunt Dotti. That was my first commercial plane trip.

11. Where did you go for your first date and who was it with?
I actually don't remember!!

12. When you snuck out of your house for the first time, who was it with?
A jerk!!

13.Who was your first best friend and are you still friends with them?
My first real best friend was Gail and yes, we're still friends!

14. Who was the first person to send you flowers?
I think it was my first husband, when I was in the hospital after our son was born.

15. Where did you live the first time you moved out of your parents house?
I moved to my grandparent's house for a short time and then got my first apartment.

16. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day?
My daughter, Molly.

17. Whose wedding were you in the first time you were a bridesmaid or a groomsmen?
After that Gary Sinise thing I guess I could have been a groomsman (!) but I was a flower girl in my uncle's wedding when I was about six years old. I was never a bridesmaid.



And you should know me by now....here is a photo I just took this morning, of the dress I wore!! I even have the little fingerless gloves but couldn't figure out how to get them in this photo!!



18. What is the first thing you do in the morning?
Open my eyes!! Then I stretch, put on my glasses, and get out of bed. I usually wake up before HB so I try to be very quiet.

10 comments:

  1. Janet I always love reading these kinds of memes! It just gives you a little more insight into a persons character and history! Very enjoyable!

    Peace and giggles Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janet, you've got some interesting 'firsts' there, for sure - thanks for sharing.
    ;-)
    Della

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed that you still have things like your flower girl dress. Wow! I enjoyed reading your answers and seeing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun meme!
    You never cease to amaze me with the clothing you still have! Loved seeing all the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet, that is so nice. You have such a good memory. Boy, it does stir up some old names just thinking about it all. I love your dress! Yes, knew you would still have it which I think is the best thing in the world! You are too cute! (Gary Sinise and all--I did it and some creep kept coming up with glasses that looked like mine--it's all in the glasses love, so don't worry too much about looking like him. Your glasses look like his!!) xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was very cool, Janet! You always put up the nicest photos to go with your writings as well!

    I liked your meme so much, that I just did it myself!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:41 AM

    What a fabulous memory of your first car the Fiat! Wow wow wow! So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some wonderful little ditties about you :) How totally groovy..Thanks for sharing with us..
    PEace, Kai

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love learning more about you. The convertible fiat was awesome,,so cool. I bet you got alot of whistles driving that cutie!! Hope you have a Happy Halloween Janet!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is great! and fun. I love that you still have the dress. I enjoyed finding out more about you ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!