Monday, October 16, 2006

Four Things from Crazy Aunt Purl

One of my favorite blogs to read is Crazy Aunt Purl. She just did this meme. I thought it looked like a fun one to do so here goes. Yea, I know....more useless information about me! But sometimes I just don't have a lot of time to create something new and exciting for the blog and these sort of fill in for me.

NOTE: Before I give you the meme, I thought I would share a couple of things with you. First, my two granddaughters live on the big island near Pahoa, Hawaii. When I heard that an earthquake had hit the island I was naturally very concerned. Happily I had an email from the oldest and everything is ok where they live. I know there are others with connections to Hawaii and I hope all your loved ones and friends are ok, too.

Second, I actually got out yesterday and went to Michael's. They had a big yarn event....just what I need, right??!! More yarn! I was good and only bought three skeins and a crochet magazine. But the best part was getting to see my friend, Kathy, who teaches knitting, crochet, and beading at the store. She is very talented. You might enjoy visiting her blog and if you do be sure to check out her patterns for the knitting loom. There's also a link to her blog over there on the right side....it's Knitting Muse.

Now on to the meme....

Four jobs I’ve had:
telephone operator
bartender
data entry for an optical lab
office manager for a coffee importer

Four movies I can watch over and over:
Gone With the Wind
The Princess Bride
Casablanca
Imitation of Life (corny, I know....but I cry every time!!)

Four places I have lived:
Oakridge, OR
Albuquerque, NM
Edmonds, WA
Boise, ID (I could go on for a lot more but I won't!)

Four television shows I love to watch:
LOST!!!! My favorite!
The Daily Show
Dancing With the Stars
Just about anything on HGTV

Four places I have been on vacation:
British Columbia
Mexico
Colorado Springs, CO (when I was a kid)
Grand Canyon

Four of my favorite dishes:
Guacamole
Veggie stew
Tortellini (aka turtle weinies!)
Oatmeal with brown sugar, pecans, and raisins

Four websites I visit daily:
Yahoo
Google
Bloglines
Annie's Attic

Four places I would rather be right now:
Yosemite
Along the central coast of CA
Visiting with my friend, Gail who lives in FL
Visiting with my friend, Kathy who lives in northern IL

Four bloggers I am tagging:
Anyone who wants to do it!!

6 comments:

  1. ooooo...The Princess Bride! Some friends and I were just having this discussion about how we never get tired of that movie. (And neither does my husband!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love turtle weinies too!
    I don't think I knew that you were a telephone operator. Me too!
    Glad all was OK with your granddaughters. Scary quake!
    Good meme..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad your loved ones are safe. Scary thing....a 6.5

    I didn't know you watched Lost too! Hubby and I are addicted.

    It was great to see you yesterday! Only 3 skeins? I didn't have time to shop for yarn...yet. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!"
    The Princess Bride...Nice choice! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I hadn't already done this one way back when I'd have borrowed it, but it was fun to read your answers!

    Glad your granddaughters are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear your granddaughters are fine. I loved this meme, an easy one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!