Saturday, October 14, 2006

Fun on a rainy day

Last night we had a bit of thunder and lightening and some rain! It actually feels like fall today. In fact, we're planning to have a fire in the fireplace tonight. The first one of the season. If I had my way, there would be a fire going almost all the time once it gets chilly. I can just mesmerize myself staring into a fire.

Today is the first day of our big Fall Festival and it's held at the park just down the street from us. We can walk there just as we did for the hot air balloons. All morning it has been drizzly and I was wondering if I would be able to go but it has finally started to clear up. I'm hoping to get lots of photos and share them with you.

Here is the cover of the leaflet/magazine that was mailed out with all the information about the entertainment. It might be a little difficult to make out but this is a stilt walker. It is made to look as if a person is riding on a fantasy bird/animal of some kind....all feathers and such. They're really quite amazing to see in person.



More after I get back.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! No fires here yet, still not chilly enough. We usually have our first sometime around Halloween.
    Looking forward to your pictures of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cover, it's very imaginative.

    Hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh looking forward to seeing some photographs when you get back. HOpe the weather clears up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool photos on that mag! Looking forward to seeing your photos when you return.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!