Saturday, October 21, 2006

More roses from my yard....and a little more



You know how I love memes! So when I saw this one on Daisy Lupin's blog I knew I had to do it. So here goes....


What was your first childhood pet?
I had a kitten named "Boots"....a black kitty with white feet.

What was your favourite comic?
Katy Keene....she was a fashion model and her boyfriend was a boxer (can't remember his name though)....and I also like "Archie and Veronica" and "Little Lottie" (I think that was her name! It's been awhile!!)

What was your favourite childhood book?
I loved "Black Beauty" and all the Trixie Belden books

Did you ever have an imaginary friend as a child?
No

Did you play an instrument as a child?
No....I desperately wanted to play the piano but my dad didn't think it was necessary.

What was the first hit single record you bought?
It was a 78 RPM of Elvis Presley's Heartbreak Hotel

What tune sums up teenage summers?
"Only the Lonely"

What was first pop concert you went to?
I was an adult before I ever saw a concert of any kind. I lived in an area that was pretty much devoid of anything like that.

Fave teenage TV programme?
American Bandstand

Were you a naughty or a good girl at school?
Good! I was always told that if I got into trouble at school I would be in even bigger trouble at home.

Miss Popularity, Artsy Pants, weirdo or geek, which of these groups classify you at secondary[high] school?
Probably weirdo! None of those actually fit. I was terribly shy.

Girl most likely to [as in year book]?
I don't remember anything in particular but I was voted one of the best dressed in my class and also one of the biggest flirts! I guess I got over that shyness by senior year!!

What colour did you paint your bedroom as a teenager?
Two walls were pink with gray trim and two walls were gray with pink trim. I had a gray cotton shag rug on the floor and the curtains were pink on the gray wall and gray on the pink wall.

Very first paid job ever?
Babysitting

Have you ever been really drunk?
Yes but not as a teenager. It came much later!

Did you smoke dope? and if so did you do a Bill Clinton [ smoking but not inhaling]?
No. I can truthfully say I have never done any drugs of any kind. I think it's a waste.

A stupid thing you did?
As a teenager I did so many I couldn't even begin to tell you all of them! Let's just say it involved a boy and let it go at that.

Left handed or right handed?
Right handed

Should you play a board game with me?
I don't know....should you? I like to play Scrabble and that's about it.

If you came to visit me what would we do?
If someone came to visit me right now I would be in big trouble! My guest room is full of boxes! But under normal circumstances we would probably have some tea and chat, maybe spend some time in my crafty room (if the visitor was interested in that sort of thing) but we would have to go out for dinner or get HB to cook 'cause I'm not good in the kitchen! I would like to take you to L.A. and show you all the sights and let you see some of the beauty and the weirdness that makes it such an unusual place.

13 comments:

  1. Those last two questions were worded a bit strangely and kind of threw me for a minute there. ;-) It was fun to read your answers though, and this is one I haven't done before, so maybe I will, but probably not for a few weeks since I just did a Q & A meme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:30 PM

    Sounds to me you were the All American girl..! It's funny but we must all have known that to be in trouble at school, meant more trouble when we got home!
    Love your roses BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:36 PM

    Ooooo, your roses are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the second one of this MeMe I've seen in my travels today...... fun to read this kind of stuff. None of those categories fit me in high school either. I always refer to my high school years as my invisible years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH Janet,,Trixie Belden was my fave. I had all of her books! And just like I told Daisy, I do love learning more about you too Sweet Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Roses Janet, Glad you did my meme, I had such fun thinking it up when I was on my journies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of these answers were ones that I could have also used. I had a purple bedroom which I loved and I read all the Sue Barton, Student Nurse books.
    (I used to want to be a nurse!)
    Great meme...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The roses are beautiful Janet!!!! It's so funny how so many of us are so alike...and yet all so different! I love reading the meme's...I'm going to post this same one very soon...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE, LOVE WHITE ROSES!!!!
    those are gorgeous..
    :)Peace, Kai

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the roses, I can almost smell their fragrance.
    I am going to take up this particular meme, I don't usually do them but this one intrigued me. It's a another great way to get to know one another.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your roses are beautiful!!! I enjoyed reading your meme!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty roses.

    What a nice meme - different from a lot of them. I'll save it to do on a slow day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute meme...I want to try!
    Your roses are beautiful!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!