Tuesday, October 03, 2006

My Celtic Horoscope Office re-do

I haven't got much of anything exciting to write about today so I'm giving you my Celtic Horoscope. Plus I have a small update on some of the work going on with the house.

You Are A Lime Tree

You are intelligent, hard working, and innately successful.
You try to change what you can in life - and you accept what you can't change.
Tough on the outside, you are actually soft and relenting.
Jealous at times, you are extremely loyal and giving to those you love.
You have many talents, but you don't have enough time to use them.


I'm not sure it's exactly me but parts of it seem to fit. Especially the last part about not having enough time! We are still working on projects around the house. Yesterday HB installed a desk top with shelves above it in a closet alcove of the office. We thought it would be a much cleaner look than the HUGE double-sided desk he built for us to use. Our big desk was quite functional but took up most of the center of the room, with him on one side and me on the other.



In the photo, which shows my side of the office (taken as we were clearing everything out after our fiasco) you can see the alcove on the right. We took down the shelf brackets and used a different wall attachment, and the yellow cabinet is gone and has been replaced by a desk top.

You can see the curve of the big desk HB had designed for that room. It had shelves above and custom sections for our printers, fax, etc. When we sat on either side of the desk we couldn't see each other. He designed it to be somewhat private but we did have cubby-hole areas that were open to the other side.

Here is what the alcove looks like now....



You can see the new paint color, too. And the floor is still the concrete slab as the new carpet hasn't been installed yet. We want to be finished with all the painting in the house before we do any carpet.

The new color is Almond Toast and I like it so much better than the lavender or periwinkle color that was there before. And the horrid wallpaper border is gone, too. You can't see it in the photo but it was 80's style all the way!!! I hated it from the beginning but just never took it down.

We're moving a small loveseat into this room along with a small side table and lamp so it will be a combination office/den. And if someone wants to remove the desk and shelves later on they can put up doors and have a closet for a bedroom. I'm changing what I can and I've been hard at work on this and many other projects around the house (see horoscope above!!)

12 comments:

  1. I am tired just reading this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a lime tree too. Parts of it sound like me, parts don't.

    Fun to see your progress pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an apple tree, and most of it isn't me. I am quiet and shy at times, yes.

    I have to pick a better time (I'm at work) to read all your wonderful stories. I like the paintings you posted.
    Your new office set-up looks very practical and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The combination office/den should be a good selling point. From the last house we sold, I know a room isn't considered a bedroom unless it has a closet. So your idea of them being able to put doors on the space and convert it might be a selling point if they happen to need the room for a bedroom...
    (love the color!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks very nice, and I also like the switch from lavendar/periwinkle to a nice neutral almond. Will you like having your head tucked into an alcove, though? I simply must face the inside of the room or I get numb. But I really like the idea and it will free up so much space so I see that it is worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, what a nice room! I love....the color. I've been wanting a room in that color. my dining room is a bit lighter. It's so soothing. also, the curved desk your husband designed--oh, I would love to have a desk like that! I'm trying to reconfigure out computer area too. too many cords, yuk. goood luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love the new office,,love those colors! What busy beavers you have been. And its so neat that you both have added your special touch to it. How about Dancing with the Stars tonight,,they are were good,,
    Hope you have a wonderful wednesday Sweet Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is looking absolutely spit shined to perfection. Take a look at my site for a cute foto of Vicci that I took Sunday up at her house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the wall color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are doing really well and are putting me to shame. I am supposed to be moving all my stuff into the spare bedroom but have been too busy to find the time to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet, Janet... HEY JANET!!! Lost is on!!! :):) ok, just in case you were busy and forgot.. :P
    I like your space, it gives out groovy vibes to look at it..
    PEace, Kai.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Janet, the office/den is a great idear and I am pleased for you that everything is now back in order after the drama's you had.

    We are builders so I am in an office here now up to my eyebrows in papers etc. lucky I have a very nice girl friday come in to put it in some kind of order...........O! yippee! it is friday she will be here soon.

    I love the way the light fills your office too.

    Have a great day my friend.
    Lee-ann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!