Sunday, November 19, 2006

11-19-2006 art (?) everyday

As I told you earlier, so far today I haven't made anything for my art everyday group. I just haven't been inspired to do that kind of work today. I've been in more of a crafty mood.

So this is what I made....No, this isn't what I was working on earlier that I said I couldn't show you....this is something that I just whipped up at the last minute to have something finished!



This is deep purple sparkly felt with red trim. I cut the hand and sleeve out of felt scraps then did a little fast embroidery on them, added a bead for her ring and a bit of leftover lace for her cuff. I think it seems a little "Red Hat Society" but that wasn't my intention. It has a bit of velcro under the hand to keep it closed and I think I'll use it for my micron pens....I have several.

7 comments:

  1. Hey,,thats cool Janet. You sew really good! And I thinking sewing is a art, so yes,,you did do your art for today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a pretty colour, I agree with Beth, sewing is an art and you've done it justice!!
    Peace, Kai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up on your site Janet, as have had a busy two days in my artroom. Love the felt bag you made, I have been working in felt this weekend, it is just so lovely to work with, I had forgotten what a pleasure it is to handsew. Love the little angelin the book scene, how inventive to think of that, it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet! I love the little lace cuff.
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. You had a really productive day Janet..you have two great projects completed here..as usual I'm impressed.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, to be able to 'whip up' something so beautiful. What great simple colours - to draw me to the lovely detailed arm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Janet, you just continue to amaze and delight me. I love the angel and books and I love the purse/pen holder. What a good idea! The blogs I visit are just the best inspiration for me to get off my duff and do!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!