Followers

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Cranberry Jello Salad/Dessert

This is a recipe that my mom always made at Thanksgiving time and then again at Christmas. I have carried on the tradition....and if I didn't, Molly would be very unhappy!

This is one of her favorite things about the holidays. I love it too but since I'm not eating anything with sugar in it, or cranberries, or pineapple....well, it's off my list.

Since I've been asked, here is the recipe:
Cranberry Salad
2 small pkgs of raspberry jello
2 cups boiling water
Dissolve jello in water but do not add any cold water
Stir in:
1 can whole cranberry sauce (be sure to use whole cranberry sauce)
1 large can of crushed pineapple (or 2 small cans) use juice and all
1 cup chopped pecans
After the jello sets up spread the top with a mixture of one large package of cream cheese mixed with one small carton of sour cream. I usually use my mixer to beat these together so they get nice and smooth and creamy.
This stuff is addictive!!

8 comments:

  1. Janet, that sounds so good. Thanks for posting the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can taste it.
    Sounds, sweeeeet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM!! That reminds me...I brought some orange jello home (with mandarin oranges in it) that my sister made. I'm reaching for it now..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yum - this sounds a lot like a dish my sister makes that I love. She can never find the time to write down the recipe for me - so now I have yours - Thanks!

    I love how you've decorated your blog for Christmas! I can't even figure out my sidebars, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JANET...!!!
    I checked in expecting green...and nearly burned my retinas...now this says Christmas...LOL
    This recipe sounds good...
    I haven't started to think about Christmas food yet...maybe I should!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet, I love that you have bright red color and a decorative look to your blog.

    This receipe is one I love too. Only an old friend at one time told my I was congenitally unable to follow a receipe. I think she was right. I dislike cream cheese and/or sour cream, so I use whipped cream on top. And...well you get the idea! Good receipe though! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suzy Q2:42 PM

    Hello Janet,
    I just finished making the Cranberry Jello for a Christmas party tomorrow, thank goodness for you receipe, I was just going to "Wing it". It is a car club we belong to and think they will all love it. I even went out and bought a beautiful red plate to display it on from Mikasa. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for posting this recipe. My mother used to make this every year for Christmas and every one in my family loves it. I can't find my copy of the recipe so I turned to the net. I always use sugar free jello and low fat cream cheese and sour cream, just to lighten it up a bit. Thanks again, you have been a life saver! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!