Followers

Friday, November 24, 2006

The Day After....

Today I'm staying in....no mega shopping for me! I've never really liked shopping anyway. Well, unless it's for books or art supplies! Then I LOVE to shop! But getting out at the crack of dawn to stand in line at a store so that when it finally opens I can make a mad dash for some sale item....it just doesn't do it for me.

Actually HB and I do very little shopping for gifts because so many of our family members are all over the country, we seldom get to see them and sure don't have a clue what they want or need so it's money and a handmade card for most of them. I do buy gifts for Molly and her family. We spend Christmas together so I like to have something wrapped up under the tree but Molly and Don are very non-material people so I try to make things for them. Ryder, my grandson, is almost impossible to buy for because he never wants anything! He isn't your typical 14 year old kid!

We had a quiet day yesterday and a very good meal. HB made most of the dinner and the turkey was delicious....very moist and tender. He put apples, a pear and apple juice in his stuffing and everyone liked that (I didn't have any because it isn't on my list of foods I can eat!) I made the mashed potatoes, HB made the gravy. Molly brought fresh green beans, chayote squash, portobello mushrooms and fresh ginger and steamed them together and they were delicious! I think I enjoyed the veggies as much as anything. I made the cranberry, pineapple jello salad that Molly loves but I didn't have any of it....not on my list! I was so good! I had some light meat turkey, a baked sweet potato, veggies and a small piece of crescent roll. But I was happy and didn't feel deprived. Later everyone (not me) had pumpkin pie and a little egg nog (Silk Nog) We all played Texas Hold 'em and had a good time. And through the entire day the camera sat on the counter and not one photo was taken! I just got so wrapped up in the fun of visiting and cooking and being together that I completely forgot to snap any photos.

Today I've been in my studio all day (Lisa, see I'm taking your advice!!) and I have nothing I can show you. I'm working on goodies for Christmas. There's beads and thread and glitter and all kinds of stuff completely covering my work table! And I'm having fun!!

I'll post my art piece later today....and maybe an extra one to make up for yesterday.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such a nice Thanksgiving. I'm with you on the Black Friday thing too, I can't imagine a worse way to spend the day, much nicer to stay home and play in your studio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving day and also a great day after. You showed a lot of self-restraint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a great day for enjoying time with your family and a tasty dinner!
    I have to tell you how BIG my smile was at seeing you finally called it your STUDIO! Isn't it fun to get in there and just get busy!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!