Wednesday, November 22, 2006

It's Almost Turkey Day....Gobble, Gobble



Today is going to be a busy day here at Chez Bee-cause. HB and I will be cleaning and spiffing up the house and doing some cooking ahead of time. So I wanted to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving one day ahead of schedule.

I doubt that I will be on the computer much on Thursday. We aren't having a lot of people....just Molly and her hubby....but there's always lots to do and I want to spend time with my family. HB does most of the cooking so all I really have to do is make a couple of side dishes. Don't you just love a man who cooks??!!

We spent Tuesday afternoon doing all the grocery shopping which meant going to four different stores! But I only forgot one thing which I can pick up this afternoon.

I'm going to put my art piece on this post, too. And I'll try to do another piece of art later today so I can have it ready for Thursday even though I might not post it until Friday. I hope that makes sense!

Anyway, here's another doodle-type drawing I did. It started out like the ones Ninnie and Kai blogged about recently but then I just couldn't leave it alone and kept adding more stuff to it! You know me....more is better!



The scanner cut off part of the bottom but not much. I was too lazy to try to photograph it and the scanner is not quite big enough for the size paper I use. But I think you can see most of it.

And last but not least here are a few things I'm thankful for this year:

1. HB, my kids and grandkids, and all the rest of my family.

2. All the wonderful new friends I've made through blogging. Love you all!

3. My health and the health of my family.

4. The fact that I've been creating again!

5. The results of the latest election.

See you all on Friday.....

13 comments:

  1. I love this drawing, the swirls and curves really appeal to me. My favourite art form is the wonderful Celtic stuff both the original and the present day.
    Happy Thanksgivingf - hope you all have a wonderful day together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This art is a little different today, I like it very much. It has a sort of marine feel to it...shells and such.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your husband and Molly and her husband. Doesn't food always take extra good when you don't have to prepare it yourself? Enjoy..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Doodle,,I have been doing more doodling too, you inspired me to work in my art journal and every day too.
    I do hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with HB and your Daughter. And I do Love a hubby that cooks,,mine does most of the Turkey day cooking too!
    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Artwork, and hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow!
    Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This doodle is incredible, it has almost a dimensional quality to it. I do love seeing these each day.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving day with Molly, her hub and yours....G does all the cooking too although it's only 3 of us so we aren't going crazy with a ton of food, so yes a man who cooks - LOVE it! Bon appetit and enjoy!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janet,
    dear friend "Happy Thanksgiving" to you and your family, your list of things you are thankful for are so true what would life be like without wonderful family and friends.

    I am so pleased to be able to visit you after such a long time without my computer, if I had been told I would be so upset to be without my computer even just last year I would have said "I don't think so!" but when it went away on an unexpected holiday and I was without the power to chat with friends around the world, well I almost went silly! :o)

    So it is nice to be here today to say dear friend have a lovely "thanksgiving" and I will see you when you are back on your blog.

    Lee-ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner! I enjoy seeing all the art you've been creating lately. You're just so talented..
    Gotta love that guy who cooks! Mine's a great cook too!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving!
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the drawing!!

    Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your doodle inspires me... I can see doing parts of it with beads! Also I love the contrast of the soft swirls that dance lightly around your page with the sharper, darker, more static elements. This isn't intended as a critique... just wanted to expound a bit...

    I am thankful for you and your approach to blogging. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your thanksgiving. LIke the drawing that you have posted, really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving :)
    Love your doodle. You should paint it and frame it. It would be your very own Picaso!

    Tea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Thanksgiving!
    Your artwork is beautiful.
    You have made me doodle, perhaps from there I finally do something concrete. Thanks for posting all the beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!