Sunday, November 26, 2006

It's Beginning to Feel.....

I'm kinda getting in the Christmas mood. I put up a tree....don't get too excited though 'cause it's on my blog!! Right over there on the right side. And a few days ago I hung the wreath....again, just on my blog. But hey, it's a start.

I also changed the colors around....just for the holidays. I'll be back to lavender in January. But I thought I would like to have a little bit of Christmas-y feel to my blog. I don't know how to do a lot of that fancy stuff but I can change colors!

I'm trying to figure out how to put a picture on the banner section of my blog. If anyone can tell me how/where to do that I would love to know. I see blogs all the time that have interesting pictures as their header and they're people using blogger so I know it can be done....I just don't know the secret!

I'm off to my studio for more play time! I'll post my art later today. It's a bit frustrating to be doing all this creative stuff but not being able to use it as my art everyday because I don't want anyone to see it yet!! So I'm doing double and sometimes triple art stuff everyday.

10 comments:

  1. The background is a pretty shade of green!

    I'll forward you (via email) some directions I wrote for someone else who wanted to change their header and add a custom banner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your festive look.
    I too want a pretty banner and have contacted someone to do it for me . . . but not heard back from her in a week or so. Perhaps she is busy fixin' it up.
    I'll let you know if it pans out.

    oh oh oh, i see that "deb r" is going to email you directions
    B L E S S
    her
    H E A R T
    and
    will you forward it on to me too please.
    ~ Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how to change my background color or to put up a banner. Mine is not very festive, I'm afraid :(
    I'd love directions too, if you've got time!
    Love the green color for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ahve been a busy little elf Janet !!! We are actually expecting snow up here in Northern CA. YIPPEE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not easy being green...thats what Kermit told me anyway!
    It's a great colour for Christmas...I gave up on trying to do a banner, and just found an oblong picture and posted it as a picture at the top of the page. When you figure it out I'll be asking for help..Love the wreath and the tree.. you have inspired me..I'm off to find some blog decorations..!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your green Christmasey feel - love your tree too!
    I have been playing with my template over the weekend for Christmas - its nearly done! I will see if I can work out the banner thing. Lisa ocean dreamer has a banner I think, maybe she knows.
    I think my Christmas robins will be on your doorstep soon xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the new colors on the blog and the tree and wreath. Will you forward me the e-mail that deb r sends you on how to do the banner? I have been wanting one too. I tried the other day but it just wouldn't work,,wah, wah. So excited to see what goodies you have been creating! Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving with your daughter and her family.
    Hope your having a creative sunday!
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Janet, I am no expert on this blog stuff, but I love playing. I played this morning instead of washing up - hee,hee & did a banner for my blog. If you want, I can do one for you - email me if you would like that and let me know what you want on it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janet you have that yuletide spirit going!
    Love the green...
    I am off to read the rest of these, talk to you later!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Janet, all this red ROCKS!! Recipe looks yummy too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!