Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Just for Vicci....and everyone else, too!!

OK, Vicci....this is just for you!! And anyone else who wants to try them. Here is my mom's recipe for Mocha Nut Balls:

1 C butter, softened
1/2 C sugar
2 tsp vanilla

Cream these ingredients together. Then add:

2 tsp instant coffee (I have also used a powdered espresso mix if you want a strong coffee taste)
1/4 C cocoa powder
1 3/4 C sifted flour
1/2 tsp salt

Mix well and add nuts (she didn't give any measurement for these but I put quite a lot and I use pecans)

Shape into 1" balls and place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 325ยบ for about 15 minutes.
Cool and then roll in powdered sugar.

These are simple and easy and oh, so good! Sorry I don't have a photo of these. They usually disappear in record time.

3 comments:

  1. Oh yummy.
    I'm glad I popped in to visit your blog this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a taker...inspired me to post my rolo cookies too! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Janet! I will be making these! They sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!