Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A Little Bit of Weirdness About Me(me)...

Recently Deb did a rather odd meme. At first I didn't think I'd do this one but I changed my mind!! I can do that, if I want!

So here is a kinda weird meme:

Someone knocks on your door at 2am, who do you want it to be?
Someone at the wrong house!

Your boss tells you he/she will give you a $20 raise if you'll do your job naked. Do you stay and take the raise?
Are you kidding me?? No one would even pay $1.00 to get me to work naked!

Put yourself in a nutshell.
I don't think I'd fit! I have been losing weight but not that much!!

Ever see a ghost?
Yes. And I've also felt another presense from time to time in a place I used to live.

Happy with your body?
Not particularly but I'm working on it.

A reason to move to Iceland.
I'll give you three!! They have a very high literacy rate, are one of the world's most technologically advanced countries, and oddly enough they have a very temperate climate! Winters are mild and windy and summers are damp and cool. Thank you wikipedia!!

A place you've lived that you miss.
It wouldn't be the place so much as the people....I enjoyed my time near Crystal Lake, IL but it was because that's where I met my friend Kathy.

A job you'd never do, no matter how much you were paid.
Snake wrangler!!

A band/group you thought was cool when you were 13.
My gosh....you don't actually think I can remember back that far do you?? Let's see....Elvis Presley was my guy - he's not a group or a band though. But that will have to do.

You have a nightmare, who's the first person you think to call?
I wouldn't call anyone but I might wake HB....but then I might just think of something pleasant and go back to sleep.

Wanna have kids before you're 30?
Been there, done that.

A memory from high school.
A girl who was an upper classman walked up to me in gym class, grabbed my boob (!!) and yelled out to everyone "Yeah, they're real!" My married name today is the same as her name was back then!!

Ever had a crush on a friend's parent?
Eeewwww!! NO!

Do you look more like your mom or dad?
I don't think I look like either one of them. When I was a kid everyone said I looked like my dad.

Something you've always wanted to learn to do.
Play piano.

How you'd like your life to be in 10 years.
Still going strong and healthy!

Something you learned this year.
Blogging!

What do you want for your birthday?
I always have such a difficult time thinking of something I want other than books and art supplies. I'm not a jewelry, furs, expensive perfume kinda gal.

Name 4 things you did yesterday.
1. Did my art everyday entry.
2. Helped HB paint our bedroom. (Yes, we're STILL painting stuff!)
3. Grocery shopping.
4. A little crochet.
(I lead such an exciting life!!)

Last item you bought yourself?
Some yarn, a kneaded eraser, and some yarn needles. I told ya I was exciting!

What did you have for breakfast?
Steel-cut oatmeal with pecans and vanilla soy milk. Oh, and a cup of hot apple juice with cinnamon. Finding something warm to drink has been a challenge since coffee and tea are out.

Name a celeb you crush on.
I've always liked Sean Connery, and also the "bad" boys on "Lost"....Sawyer, Sayid, and Jinn. I'm not much for "pretty" guys.

Name the last 3 songs you heard.
I have no idea! I don't listen to the radio much, and most of the CD's I listen to are in other languages so I don't actually know what they're saying....I just like the music.

How many hours of sleep do you get each night?
Usually about five or six. I like to stay up late and get up early.

What do you wish you were doing right now?
Sitting around a campfire with HB, my kids and grandkids.

Who's the first person in your phone book on your cell?
My cousin, Carolyn 'cause it's alphabetic.

Last time you witnessed a fight?
I can't remember ever seeing an actual fight as in throwing punches! Molly and I used to live in an apartment above a couple who fought all the time....and they were very physical! I used to pound on the floor with a piece of wood and tell them to quit!!

Name 3 places you'd like to travel to.
1. England
2. Australia
3. Italy
This is assuming they have built the bridges so that I can drive to all those places!!

Do you know how to ice skate?
No. I used to roller skate but I never tried ice skating.

Name something you like that's out of the ordinary.
If something is popular and everyone likes it, chances are I don't! And if no one likes something, then chances are I do.

Is bigger really better?
I'm assuming that this question is not XX rated so I would have to say not always. For instance, I like a big fat book but I don't want a big fat butt!!

What do you think of Brad Pitt?
I like some of his movies. And I think he's an attractive guy (a tad bit young for me!) and I also think he's trying to work for something good.

What color are your toenails.
The exact same color they came with! Factory issued!

Do you own anything with a skull on it?
Yes, as a matter of fact, I do!

Traveled to Europe?
Nope. Still waiting on that bridge!

Last movie you watched?
I can't remember! I seldom watch movies! I know....I'm probably the weirdest person in the world but I don't like most of the movies that are made now. Too much blood, guts, and gore for my taste. I don't find violence entertaining.

Where were you when you had your first kiss?
Sitting on a blanket at a free movie in my neighborhood.

Last board game you played?
Scrabble

Leather or lace?
Leather. I'm just not a lacy person at all.

Ever had a black eye?
Yes! A guy I was dating, hit me ONCE. I never saw him again. He called and called and apologized every way possible but I wouldn't have anything to do with him ater that.

Have you ever worn fishnet stockings?
Yes....I have some on right now under my flannel jammies!! Just kidding....but yes, I have worn them in the past. I think I'm a little bit old to be wearing them now!

12 comments:

  1. Well that's a different, but interesting meme Janet, I like your answers on Iceland. If someone gave me a black eye, they'd have the word TEFAL permenantly indented into their forehead.
    PEace!! Kai.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these things. It so neat to find out these obscure things about people. I didn't have a blog topic today so I think I'll pinch this one if thats okay?
    That Kai..she cracks me up!
    She talking about whacking someone with a frypan, and signs off
    PEace..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have such interesting and entertaining answers on these memes. I'm glad you did this one, Janet!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love your sense of humor! This whole post made me giggle!Going to email you now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was quite the interesting meme!
    I just dropped in to see what was up, because you no longer come up in my bloglines!
    I'll bookmark you so I can check on you that way!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. this was very interesting indeed....I look forward to your answers to these things because they inform AND entertain! lol!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janet...loved your answer to the big fat book question. I agree with you about the big fat butt.
    ;D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you did that one, Janet. It was a weird one, but kind of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone. This meme was a little weird but fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great fun, Janet :) I love that you're quite a rebel, really! More power to you! And when they get that bridge built, you have another place to visit in England! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an interesting meme, maybe I'll pinch it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I likee that one - what a fun point-of-view. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!