Thursday, November 09, 2006

New Blogger and Life in General....

Yay!! I think. I'm being cautious but I think I have successfully switched over to the new version of blogger. I can't tell any difference in how my blog looks so far but I do like this new posting area.

You can't believe how much I've been off-routine since I joined the art everyday group! It just seems that all I'm thinking about is what I'm going to do for the next day. I guess it's a good thing that I finally got over my creative slump but then it's not good that now that's all I want to do.

I now have laundry piled up, and dust bunnies are threatening to take over the house....they're aggressive little devils!....and nothing much has been cooked....but then maybe that's a blessing! My cooking leaves a lot to be desired! But I'm sure you all get the picture that my house is a wreck and I'm sitting in the middle of it, gloriously oblivious to all but my sketch pad.

There are little pots of paint, brushes, pens, pencils, scissors, glue and various other bits and pieces of artsy fartsy stuff beside every chair and couch and on every tabletop! My craft room is a mess so I'm spreading that joy throughout the rest of the house! Thank goodness HB is supportive of my creative endeavors but I'm not sure how long that will last here in the House of Fun!!

And forget about blogging! All I've managed to do in that area is post a few photos of what I've been working on. Sorry everyone! I promise to get back to my regular (boring!) stuff before too much longer. In fact the other day I managed to sort through and pull out some old post cards from several states and I'll share those with you soon. But for now I'm still just doing a lot of artsy stuff.

Last night I watched "Lost" and I'm now going to be on pins and needles until Feb. 7 when the show resumes! They can't possibly kill off one of my bad boys, can they?? And on my other show, "DWtS" it went just as I had expected....Joey is gone and Emmitt and Mario are going to battle it out for the top spot.

I did manage to crochet another hat....I've done several like this one and they all sold on ebay a couple of years ago. So far I haven't put any of my hats on recently but I might get ambitious and do that one of these days....








8 comments:

  1. Last night's Lost was excellent. Don't you just hate it that we have to wait so long for the next new episode?

    I'm glad you're out of your creative slump. Drawings have been wonderful and the hat is great!

    Beta blogger? Where did you find that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pleading Janet, please pleased tell me what happened on lost in this third miniseries. I know the others live in a normal suburban village, I know there are two islands, so what else and who has been killed off? Channel 4 which showed it over here has lost the rights to it, it is just going to be shown on Sky, which we don't get in our village. I am desperate for an update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful hats Janet! My favorite is the one with the three pieces down the side...so chic!
    And all the art you`ve been doing....fantastic! Wow...I`m envious because you`re a woman of many talents!

    tea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. your hats are so wonderful - you should do VERY well with them!
    I am timid about switching to the new blogger. I stayed up late last night trying to find a way to unique up my blog ...I am afraid with my luck I'll lose everything.
    Keep creating, strike while that iron is hot and colorful!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty as a pretty button.
    the flower is also pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are hilarious....dust bunnies threatening to take over!!! haha!
    I hear you about the art stuff on the tables by the couch....I am just hoping no one stops by....into the mess!! That"s the problem with the creative muse....it is a messy creature! Love this hat too!

    Giggles Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This hat is way way
    a d o r a b l e !

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooo, i love, love, love this hat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!