Thursday, November 30, 2006

A Wonderful Day for Me!!

Since I began my blog back in February I have continually been amazed at all the people who visit here, and all the new blogging friends I've made. It's just wonderful to think that I know people all around this country and in the UK and Australia....and maybe even other parts of the world, too.

Yesterday was a good day. I felt much better and actually managed to get some art work done plus some other things. It has been chilly recently and I'm in the "stay inside where it's warm" mode so since my studio is the warmest room in the house (not kidding!) I stayed up there most of the day. It just happens to be a room sandwiched between two other rooms and it has a large window that gets full afternoon sun so all that keeps it warm and toasty. I even had the window cracked open just a tiny bit for some fresh air.

I came downstairs late in the afternoon, browsed around on the computer for awhile and when it was almost dark outside, HB walked down to get the mail. And what wonderful mail it was, too!!

There were two packages for me! Two!! One from Robyn and one from Lisa. Well, I went to the drawer, found a knife and carefully....Oh, pooh....I didn't do that! I just ripped them open! It was like Christmas only better.

Snuggled into pretty tissue paper were the most beautiful gifts. I tried taking individual photos of them but with my little camera I can't get good close-up shots so I had to photograph them together. Here are my treasures....



The bird at the top is from Robyn. I think it is just so creative with its wire legs. It reminds me of a road runner. I just love it! Thank you, Robyn! You are a sweet person.

The two birds and the card at the bottom are from Lisa. Now why on earth do you think she chose to make them purple?? They are just so pretty and bead-y and luscious. Thank you, Lisa. You, too, are a sweet person.

I guess I will now have to start myself a little treasure tree to put in my studio so these new birds will have a special place to reside. I can't tell you how excited I was to receive gifts from people I've never met in person....just over the internet. It's truly a fantastic thing. I feel completely spoiled and special and blessed and extremely lucky to have you all in my life.

Big huge hugs and thank yous to both of you for thinking of me!!

16 comments:

  1. What a wonderful suprise - I would hang them on my Christmas tree over the holidays then have them in your studio as you mentioned.

    It is a wonderful daily reminder that there are a lot of really nice people out there - and every time you look at those you will get such a nice glow knowing that they liked you enough to go to all that trouble.

    Congratulations to those wonderful ladies who make them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you made out like a little bandit here Janet!! Just like Christmas! The art community is wonderful! Full of the most giving and loving people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such nice gifts. I love handmade stuff. They have a special meaning. And as a gift they are super special.

    Beautiful artwork, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so delighted you liked them, and isn't is something we both sent you birds!!(unknowingly I might add)
    It is such a true pleasure to send things to let someone know they were thought of...you are very special Janet.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. How I love the whole idea of a special studio Christmas tree! That is just a great idea!

    I love all the neat people I've met over the internet. I treasure each one! We are so blessed with this possibility of communication!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi janet! oh, those look lovely! yes, you are truly blessed and so is everyone to know you. Your comment today was hilarious....you are so funny. I was thinking....maybe you can follow the instructions that Chrysti has on the tutorial and sketch one of your beautiful sketches (make it abstract, no faces, etc). Then cut the piece into 1" squares. Then you can rearrange them into a tile or 4 x 4 " square, etc. Maybe you can watercolor it too first. oooo...wouldn't that be so pretty??? ok, no pressure, really, hint hint, no, seriously, I am joking, but it would be pretty! talk soon! Lia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, the bird...so free, and so alive. Much like all you glittery girls...
    Love the birds...I am sure they have found a loving home.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. gifts made with love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't that such a perfect ending to a warm and artfull day. I am glad to hear your feeling better. I was thinking about you. I love the art you got,,it makes you feel so loved when you get such wonderful surprises in the mail, doesn't it? And you deserve them! Lisa and Robyn are so very talented!
    xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful birds Janet, lucky you!
    It seems like they are the theme of choice this Christmas.AND perfect for a little tree..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Any day with Good Mail is a Good Day! YAY for you, Janet! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Janet. I got my bird from Robyn today. I need to take a picture of it and post to share. Lucky us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How sweet. And a treasure tree. What a wonderful idea!! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What darling little gifts! Glad you`re feeling better now too :)

    tea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Janet they all look very special gifts and made with lots of friendly love too I am sure, very nice reminder of friends around the world.

    best wishes Lee-ann

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lucky you!!! I love that little red bird:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!