Thursday, December 28, 2006

Help....and a Meme

I want to jazz up my blog just a little and I need your help.

I would love to have an interesting background on my blog. I know it can be done because I see them on blogger all the time....I just don't know how to do it. If anyone reading this can help me please email me (email is in my profile) and let me know the process. I'm not a computer whiz but HB knows a bit more than me so between the two of us we should be able to do it.

I have the info on the banner changes and plan to do something with that before too much longer.

And now here's a meme I got from DebR.

Do you own a gun?
Yes, we have a gun. That’s an odd question to start off with.

What do you think of hot dogs?
I eat SmartDogs which are made from soy.



What’s your favorite Christmas song?
Oh Holy Night

What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Gin, tequila, vodka, whiskey, rum....I'M KIDDING!! I prefer to drink coffee in the mornings but it doesn't like me anymore! Now it’s either water or a cup of hot apple juice with a cinnamon stick. Like this only without the lemon slice....



Can you do push-ups?
Sure! I just did 150 right before I started this post! Are you kidding me!! I’m 63 years young….I do good to stand up straight and walk around!!

What’s your favorite piece of jewelry?
I’m not really a jewelry person anymore. I mostly wear earrings and that’s it. I have several pairs I like. I also love rings but seldom wear them anymore either.

What is your secret weapon to lure the opposite sex?
I think it must be my wrinkles and the way my boobs touch my knees!!! Just kidding! Actually I did lure them with my big boobs, and I had a pretty good figure when I was younger.

Middle name?
Kay

Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment:
1. I wonder if it’s going to rain.
2. What am I going to have for my dinner tonight….
3. How did I get paint all over my fingers?

Name 3 drinks you regularly drink:
1. water
2. water
3. water

What time did you wake up today?
I slept in today and didn’t get up until almost 8 AM!! That’s very unusual for me.



Current hate?
That’s so negative! I’d rather tell you my current love….HB and “The Secret”

Favorite place to be?
At home in my studio.

Least favorite place to be?
A shopping mall,…or maybe a snake pit!

Where would you like to go?
Well, as soon as that darned bridge gets built I would love to go to England, France, Russia, China…..there are lots of places that I would like to visit. I’m just waiting on the bridge. My car doesn’t float too good!



Do you own slippers?
Yes. I have huge purple fuzzy slippers that Molly gave me several years ago and a pair of moccasin type slippers.

What shirt are you wearing?
A burgundy sweatshirt. Isn’t that just fascinating!!



Do you burn or tan?
Burn….big time!

Favorite color(s)?
If you’ve been reading my blog for any length of time I’m sure you already know this. All together now....everyone say "purple."

Would you be a pirate?
I don’t think so. I'm not really into pillaging and I get sea sick on a ship. Plus having to always wear that eye patch would get annoying, and the peg leg would slow me down, and having that darn parrot yakking in my ear all day would drive me nuts.



What is your favorite holiday?
I guess it would be Christmas.

What songs do you sing in the shower?
I guess whatever song comes into my head at the time. I don’t always sing in the shower. I try to spare HB the pain of hearing me sing!! When I was a kid I can remember singing "Davy Crockett" and then later "Whatever Lola Wants"

What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child?
Monsters or a big lion.

What’s in your pockets right now?
Nothing.

Last thing that made you laugh?
David Letterman

Best bed sheets as a child?
This is a little weird! But since I grew up in the Dark Ages I only had plain white sheets. Now everyone say “Oh, you poor baby!!”



Worst injury you’ve ever had?
I broke my wrist while roller skating at Venice Beach.

Are your parents still together?
They’re both dead now but they were divorced.

Do you wish on shooting stars?
Of course!



What is your favorite book(s)?
I don’t have a favorite….I like them all!

What is your favorite candy?
I always loved Turtles. Mostly if it has caramel and pecans then I like it. For just a plain candy bar I always liked Butterfingers. But I don’t eat any of it now.



What song did you have played at your wedding?
My first marriage was the only one in a church and they played Ave Maria.

How is the weather outside right now?
A bit cloudy, windy, and very chilly.

What was your first thought this morning when you woke up?
Actually I woke up and wondered where LuLu was....Harley was sleeping on the foot of the bed.

NOTE: These questions were answered on Wednesday night.

13 comments:

  1. To the meme queen! You are so funny! All your "just kiddings" made me laugh! have a good day Sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one Janet,

    Would you mind if I used it? I love this one. Your answers are the last thing that made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those words on your meme are an insight into a happy soul with loving share of rainbows and happiness..
    We like the same carol..PEace, Kai

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sense of humour Janet.
    Isn't it funny about the sheets. I had plain white ones too and I still prefer plain sheets to patterned ones..
    and I'm with you 100% on the shopping mall question..!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "boobs touching knees" comment made me laugh out loud. It was fun reading all your answers!

    (I don't know the answer to the blog template question, but if it were me wondering, I'd wander over to a blog or two that has the look you're talking about and see if they have an email addy in their profile. I bet they'd tell you what you'd need to know!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed reading your answers to the meme - you are such a fun person! Hot apple juice with a cinnamon stick sounds delicious - do you just heat apple juice from a carton or is it some advanced American thing that hasn't crossed the Atlantic yet? ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. to change the background is quite easy. you need to find a background you like, upload it somewhere (I use inkfrog) and then somewhere in the template there is a place to insert it.
    of course, this is probably not the easiest way to do it and html geeks would probably cringe, but its the way I do it and it works for me.
    email me anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great meme!! Just love the song
    "Whatever Lola Wants"...I bet that sounds wonderful in the shower.

    Take care,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Janet I have seen your face while visiting around the blog community so thought I would pop by and say hello from Canada!I certainly picked the post to view as I really found out much about you!I too have the wrinkles and the big boobs..no guns allowed here though..I shoot with my camera!Wishing you seasons greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very funny meme.
    When you get all the info on jazzing up your blog...let me know too.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet you're too funny-I am of the larger boobage also so I can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Meme! Loved your answers. Turtles are one of my fav candies too, (but I still eat them) :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved reading your meme answers Janet.Some of them made me laugh out loud (I could definitely relate to the sagging boobs comment he heh).

    Your sense of humour and love of life just shine from your words.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and saying hello!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!