Sunday, December 03, 2006

A Little Something I'm Working On....

Now don't get too excited. I know....this is my second post today. And I bet you think I'm gonna show you what I've been doing with Santa's elves but you would be wrong!! I can't show you any of that yet.

No this is a scarf I'm working on for the veterans. I mentioned this project here. I had HB help me pick out the yarn. I figured if he liked it, then some other guy would too. I guess at the time I didn't think about all the women veterans but I'm sure this scarf could be for either a man or a woman. I'm just doing a very plain scarf using garter stitch.



I guess I'm about 1/3 of the way finished. Hopefully I'll get it sent off before too much longer. I usually work on this in the evenings if I'm watching tv with HB.

It isn't an exciting pattern or anything but I feel good about doing it....one more little thing to help someone else during this holiday season.

6 comments:

  1. I love the tweedy yarn. Gee, I think I might manage some knitting, it I started off with a simple project. It's been years...1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making these scarves is so much fun. I was a knitting fool last year and made about 20 scarves. I should hang them all up and take a pictures. I bet that would be fun. Pretty color and texture by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Without doing something for others, who would we be? The answers could be terrible. I'm knitting some scarves too, but mine are the variety that is definitely fancy dress variety. It is a good activity for making the TV time pass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scarf is looking good and I like the yarn texture and colour. I'm doing a mohair wrap for Hannah for Christmas at the moment and have a nearly done baby cardigan to finish up too. Just need to pick up the stitches to knit the neckband and front borders - not my favourite thing so I'm putting it off:)
    Getting really curious to know what is going to come out of your studio!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you're knitting YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's pretty! I love the color.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!