Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Fill in the Blanks

Yesterday DebR was a guest blogger on Create a Connection. She had a fill-in-the-blanks thingie to help everyone get acquainted. Since I never pass up a quiz or a meme here are my answers....

Fill in the blanks to each of these statements - it's as simple as that! These don't have to be one-word responses. Use as few or as many words as you need to fill each blank, in order to tell your story. My responses are in italics.

1. I have never wanted to fly a plane; but I've always thought I might like to try hang gliding!! In fact, I came very close back in the 80's when several of my friends were into that sport.

2. When I was 18years old, I believed I was grown up and an adult. Now at 63 I realize I'm still not grown up or an adult!! But that's half the fun and I wouldn't change it for anything!

3. If I was my own best friend, what I would enjoy the most about spending time with Me would be doing lots of fun things together in the studio, laughing and chatting all the time; while what I'd find the most irritating would be my constant chattering! I never know when to shut up!!

4. If the story of my life up to this point was being published tomorrow, it would be titled "Just Bee-cause"....what else!! and it would be dedicated to HB because he puts up with me and all my craziness!!

5. When my time on Earth is over, and the people who loved me are remembering me, it would please me if they said Janet was a good-hearted person, always helpful and encouraging.

**************************************

I just wanted to thank everyone for all the helpful suggestions yesterday....and to tell you that this collage was done on a stretched canvas that I had laying around the studio. It had been painted on, then covered over with some beige and muted greens because I didn't like the original idea. I think I will try using something with a stiffer surface the next time!

Here is my Simply Create project for today....it's just some things I pasted in a small journal....



Don't forget to check my other blog for my daily photos. I usually post them in the afternoon. The link is at the top of the right sidebar.

**************************************

morning pages - check
the 5 rites - check
treadmill - check 1.5 miles
weights - not today

15 comments:

  1. Hang Gliding..! you are braver than me. It looks life fun but...!
    Now flying appeals to me, but I love to fly, it means I'm going somewhere fun, usually.
    The journal page is great. I like the subject matter and the muted colours you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was supposed to say
    'looks LIKE fun'
    I can spell, but I can't type...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your journal page...
    Wow...you do Morning pages?? Me too most days....what are the 5 rites?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always thought it would be fun to parachute out of a plane but have never had the opportunity to try it and would probably have to be pushed at least the first time. and HB is truly a good man, I've heard your chatter---just kidding, it's a part of you that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meme's are so much fun and I always think your answers are so right on. I'd like to fly, but you would (am I going to hate myself for saying this in the morning?!) Never get me to jump out of a plane for fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know Janet. I wanted to hang glide too. I went several times to a mountain in NC where they jumped off with their gliders, it was like a diving board on the side of the mountain. Actually, there was this really good looking guy there......well, you know. I have pictures somewhere. Anyhow, I never did it. Wasn't scared, just couldn't afford the equipment. Woulda been my luck some farmer would have shot me thinking I was a big hawk after his chickens! I did do some rapelling tho. Mucho fun, and mucho scary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Janet!

    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, so when we meet..we can go hang gliding together??
    ..lol..It is soooooooo much fun ..glide like a bird!!
    I love your art..it's so pretty..:)
    Peace, Kai.

    ReplyDelete
  9. now, look at that journal page ~ looks wonderful!
    I am off to the beach for a few days, cya when I get back xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this meme! I wouldn't want to fly a plane or hang glide!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh, hang gliding looks fun! I loved reading all your answers, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this post Janet, your Art is beautiful! So glad you like memes, as I have you tagged on my blog today...
    Enjoy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. re no 5, i bet they are already saying that about you, nice to be appreciated BEFORE we pop off!

    ReplyDelete
  14. jHang Gliding ... I think I would like to try it.

    Janet , Your daughter's shoppe looks wonderful. Sending blessings that it will be a huge success.

    Love your journal page !

    ReplyDelete
  15. The 5 Tibetans!!!!!
    You GO Girl!
    We are trying to organize a class here at the spa....if we do a better job of it, I think we will find a lot of interest.
    I have a Tibetan Ayurveda journal that details the exercises.
    I am going to add them to my day!
    Yay Janet. . .
    Good for you.
    Loved your meme answers. I agree with the last one!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!