Saturday, January 27, 2007

I'm Being Lazy Today!

See, I said I would be back today....again and again!! This will be a short post. I just wanted to share a couple of things I created yesterday. The first one is a collage done on a 5" X 7" (I think that's the size) heavy cardboard. I am fairly happy with how it turned out although there are things I would change! Molly if you're reading this, this is done on one of those heavy cards you gave me for Christmas a couple of years ago!



Then I took a departure from paper and got out my box of fabric and felt. I made this little ATC card. The colors look a bit washed out in the scan but it's actually a very pretty soft pink background, and I used a little snippet of the fabric from Dee. I haven't cut into that gorgeous art deco piece yet!! Have to have a really good idea for that!



I may add a few more little bits to this but not sure.

On an entirely different subject, I did not do my five rites today!! I thought I would give myself a little break this morning. My "needle foot" is acting up a little bit. I haven't had any problems with it since the early 90's but the past few days it has been very tender and touchy. So I'm being lazy today!

*******************************************
morning pages - check
the 5 rites - not today
treadmill - not today
weights - not today

8 comments:

  1. You are so clever and talented...I was so pleased to find your art this day....my computer blocked the connection to the wish list.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so romantic...are we finding a new side, is my nostalgia rubbing off on you? I love these, especially the first one. I did a Gone With the Wind today, hope to get it posted along with a very special gift that came in the mail today. Thank you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your 5 x 7 collage Janet! And your first fabric ATC is gorgeous! (well done).

    Sorry to hear your foot is playing up. Sounds painful. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely collage - and the sewn/fabric one is so original! Wow - I really like these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This fabric ATC is just beautiful - I am sure the recipient will trasure it.

    What a lovely coffee mug too - it is so nice to have a special one on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are fabulous! Thanks for posting them. Btw... I bought the Bernie Berlin book, Artist Trading Card Workshop. It includes lots of inspirations and enough technique information to fly me to the studio. Some of your cards should be in the book... they'd fit right in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both fantastic. I really am going to do some fabric ATC's - I love working with it and felt. Maybe that's what our swap should be - one regular and one fabric???
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. These fabric ones are beautiful.
    I must try this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!