Tuesday, January 02, 2007

This is the Real Beginning

I personally feel this is the real beginning of the year for me....not yesterday. New Year's Day is another holiday and not a "real" day for me. Today feels "real" and feels like the beginning.

I woke up thinking "ok, get your butt out of bed and get busy!" It was interesting when I tore off yesterday's calendar page to reveal today's illustration and message. As you may know if you've read this blog for awhile, I love Mary Engelbreit and HB always buys me a new desk calendar of hers each year. I love tearing off the previous page and seeing what new little treasure is revealed for that day. And being the oddball that I am, I save the pages in the box the calendar comes in so that at the end of the year I have the whole thing back in the box. My idea at first was that I would use them to make other things but then every time I start to do that I stop because if I use one page then my calendar won't be complete anymore!! Crazy, huh!!

Anyway, today's quote from my calendar was this - "The beginning is always today" by Mary Wollstonecraft.



I think that is very appropriate and also very true. Now how could you have a bad day if you start out like that??!!

For some reason I always feel the need to start something on the first....the first day of the week, or the first day of the month, or the first day of the year. Why is that?? Each day is a new beginning. Each time I open my eyes on a new day it's a new beginning. I'm going to try and concentrate on that this year. Yikes!! My plate is filling up fast! I have so many things I'm starting and so many more things I want to do but I feel very confident that I will be successful with them. That's very different from past years when I have made "resolutions" and known as I was making them that I wouldn't follow through. But this year I am setting goals for myself and challenging myself to do things new for me....and I think that is the difference.

I thought I would share with you the book I use for my weight training. I did this once before and was very pleased with the results but then let it go for some dumb reason! This book has some simple weight exercises that can be done by just about anyone.

Today I did a little over 1.5 miles on the treadmill and here is my proof!!



At the end of each day's entry I will post an update on my progress. That way I can keep track of how I'm doing, and you can skip over it if you aren't interested.

Morning pages - check
The Five Rites - check
Treadmill - check
Weights - not today

And here's my photo of what I created today....it isn't finished yet but this is what I have so far....



Sorry it's so dark but I didn't take a photo until late afternoon and the light is bad now.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a full day..I hope to get back to the gym, and to swimming now that the holidays are over. I have several boxes of chocolates and shortbread to work off. Blue has The 5 Tibetans planned as a class at the spa for 2007, I didn't recognize that when you first told us, until I went to the link.I must sign up and do it.
    A separate site for '365' is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definetly inspire me Janet! I did 1 mile today on my treadmill. I am cranky tonight as I haven't ate very much today. I have to do that the first few days, then I eat a little more each day. I love Mary E. too! Thats a great saying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary E is one of my special favorites too. I love how you save the pages!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janet - I am looking forward to this year! travelling it with you on our 'journey' xoxo
    the book that you are using - with the morning thing - is it good?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:48 PM

    Wow..I like the colors of the lady painting! Pretty. Also, that is so weird..I felt the exact same way on Tuesday. I was telling myself all day that it seemed like this was the star to New Year. Monday just didn't feel like it.
    ..Also thanks for posting about the store, it was nice to read all of the favorable comments from your friends! Greatly appreciated.
    ~Molly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!