Friday, January 05, 2007

A Time to Help and Being Tagged

While making my rounds of Blogland last evening, I saw something that I think is both interesting and important. It was on Suzi-k's blog. If you have some time go by, visit, and check it out. You could help a lot of deserving people with your creative ideas.

I, being the ball of fire that I am, have had absolutely zero ideas...zip, zilch, nada!! Since committing to doing Simply Create it has been a struggle each day to come up with something to create! Here it is only five days into the year and my creative well is bone dry! This should be interesting! I didn't think about the fact that I don't create well under pressure when I said I would commit to doing something every day. But never fear I am not backing down. It may not be something great every day....maybe never!....but I will stick to my guns and post something each day.

I think more than anything I have to keep my promise to myself. It means putting me first and sometimes that's difficult to do. The other thing I forgot was that life still goes on each day. Laundry still needs to get done, food has to be purchased, stored and cooked, and just all the little things that need to get done each and every day along with all my other goals. I didn't leave myself much time for other stuff. Maybe that's a good thing.

*******************************************

I have been tagged to do a little book meme. Susie-Q tagged me so here goes. The closest book to me right now is one someone had mentioned yesterday in the comments section...."Drawing the Light from Within: Keys to Awaken Your Creative Power" by Judith Cornell



This is what Susie-Q said: turn to page 123, go to the fifth sentence on that page, now post the following three sentences to your blog. Because this book has a lot of directions and instructions, page 123 was one of those so I'm cheating just a little and going to the next page that is not like that....page 126.

"When it came time to do this project, she told me she was having an internal battle. She remembered that I had told her to draw exactly what she saw in front of her, but an inner voice refused, arguing that the drawing she was about to make was not logical and that the way she wanted to render a building was all wrong. In the end she gave in to the critical voice and made a drawing that failed to capture the perspective she was after."

I can relate to that inner voice. I think it was Lisa who told me "put some duct tape over it!" And that's what I pretty much have to do most of the time! My inner voice/critic is very alive and doing well!!

Here is my Simply Create piece for today....



I'm not a religious person so this is rather unusual for me. Molly always likes this kind of art so maybe I'll give it to her.

*******************************************

morning pages - check
the 5 rites - check
treadmill - not today
weights - check

10 comments:

  1. You could elaborate the following day by embellishing or (maybe not inthis case)re-making todays piece in a larger or smaller format. I not religious either but I have great inner faith and strength and am very moved by religious iconography. Big collection of it here. There is something mystical and ethereal in it. Magical, if you will. That's what drew mw to The Madonna Idea which you can find a link to on my blog under Debra's Design Studio-a series of art quilts using the Madonna figure she made in partnership with Barbara Curiel. Your daughter would really enjoy this as well. I've always thought these pieces should be in a museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your well is not dry, maybe just a little stopped up.You are an artist and a creator and the best part is, you like doing it, do not think of it as something you have to do because you commited but it is something you get to do because you want to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet I like this art, it reminds me of those antique icons...
    Your well is not dry, you just have too many ideas and not enough time..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think everyone artistic comes up blank periodically..but the little piece you did is lovely.. :)
    I like the quote from the book.. It's sounds very interesting!!
    Peace, Kai.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this latest work you've done.
    Your talent always amazes me!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this piece. I've just had a look at your flickr pics. You are amazing. I don't think there's any danger of your well drying up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for doing that book tag, Janet. What a gorgeous book that is! I, too, have a constant battle with my inner critic, and am hoping that this year is the year when I can manage to quieten it down some!
    I admire your commitment to create something every day, and love this piece. I hope Molly enjoys it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my it is just beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing.

    Take care,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're still looking pretty creative from here - I'm loving your collages! I have to give myself permission to just play - and remind me - over and over, it's the process, not the product (though of course it's nice when it does turn out the way I wanted it to - but even when it doesn't - which is often - it's still fun to have experimented and played).
    Keep on playing!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the "simply create" piece you made! I also enjoyed your visit to Molly's shop a few days ago...seeing your crocheted hats on display was a treat! It reminded me of when I had my shop...those are good memories!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!