Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Two Fer....Meme and ATCs

Wow!! Blogger was really acting up this morning. They had posted something about maintenence for the old blogger version but I couldn't get onto any blogger blogs and couldn't even access my own until just now. I sure hope they get this worked out before too much longer or I'm outta here!

From the way things were shaking out last week I think I will be posting my Simply Create items towards the late afternoon. And the same goes for my photo of the day on my other blog. It just isn't possible for me to have those things ready first thing in the morning! I wish I could get on a time schedule and post my blog entry at the same time each day but so far that hasn't happened!

You know how I love memes and DebR did one a few days ago so here's my version: It's called Two Fer....


Two names you go by:
1. Janet
2. HB sometimes calls me Ja-nay or Janet Kay

Two parts of your heritage:
1. English
2. ?? I actually don't know the heritage of my mom's side of the family!

Two things that scare you:
1. Snakes
2. Religious fundamentalists

Two everyday essentials:
1. Hugs
2. Something to read

Two things you are wearing right now:
1. Pasties
2. A leopard skin thong
Oh, come on!! I'm just kidding! I actually have on jeans and a black sweatshirt. I just wanted to see if you were paying attention.

Two of your favorite bands or musical artists (at the moment):
1. ??
2. ?? I'm not a person who has to have music plugged into my ear 24/7 and even when I do listen to music I seldom know who it is or the name of the song!! I do enjoy Andrea Bocelli and Il Divo and this CD is one of my favorites. HB gave it to me for Christmas in 2005. I play it more than any other.

Two things you want in a relationship (other than love):
1. Security
2. Independence (these were Deb's answers but they're mine, too)

Two truths:
1. I have had problems with my teeth for most of my life.
2. I'm very insecure about my creativity.

Two favorite hobbies:
1. Knitting/crochet
2. Collecting books!!

Two things you need to do this week:
1. Take a photo every day
2. Make a couple of cards

Two stores you shop at:
1. Barnes and Noble
2. Trader Joe's

Two favorite sports:
1. Book buying
2. Art supplies buying Sorry! That's as sporty as I get!!

Two shows you like to watch:
1. Lost
2. The Daily Show

Two things you’d buy if money were no object:
1. A cute little sportscar for me....preferably a red convertible
2. A Beemer for HB

Two wishes for 2007:
1. That Molly's store is a huge success
2. This country wakes up and starts to make some positive changes from what's been going on for the past few years.

*******************************************

I used my time away from blogger to work in the studio this morning. Made a couple more ATCs and did some preliminary work on some other projects.



And here's another one....



For some of you who have asked, ATCs are Artist Trading Cards and they are 2.5" X 3.5"....you can do a google search and find all kinds of information about them. They are fun and addictive!!
*******************************************

morning pages - check
The Five Tibetan Rites - check
treadmill - check
weights - not today

15 comments:

  1. Pasties and a leopard skin thong? HeeeHeee....see? I was paying attention. And I have a vivid imagination! LOL Girl, LOVE your newest ATC's. I like all your ATC's but your newest ones are over the top! I wanna do a trade with you when you get time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally, I have been unable to comment all day !!
    The meme was funny..well regarding what you are wearing. Add comedienne to your list of talents..
    The newest ATC's are fabulous Janet...I really love them.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, blogger is being a butthead today!! I can't hardly make comments. I thought is was my computer but glad to know its just blogger.
    Janet,,your ATCs are absolutely wonderful. I Love them! You are a natural at them. I would love to trade with you any time! I can't believe your insecure because your creativity is amazing! I mean that!
    You go girl!!! I listenned to that cd and I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogger has been the King of Beasts today!
    Loved your meme, and I was paying attention about the clothing!
    :)
    TJ's is one of my favorite stores as is the Book store!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5:47 PM

    You are already leaving many behind in your dust. These 2 ATC's are absolutely great. I can't wait to see what you are putting together in 2 months. Yikes I shudder to think. LOL

    Maryellen (not logged in)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been on the run all day and haven't even had time to post anything but maybe it was just as well, seems everyone was having trouble.I enjoyed the meme, you've got on WHAT ! LOL And the ATC's are GREAT, and one with purple, imagine that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It cracks me up that HB calls you Ja-nay! And I loved the pasties and thong answer too. :-)

    PS..Blogger was definitely being a bugger earlier. I couldn't comment on most blogger blogs earlier today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha! I almost spit out my tea on the computer screen! Do the pasties have gold or silver tassles?
    I'm loving your ATC's. And that Gypsy music, I'm gonna add that to my wish list. I love Gypsy guitar, especially. Love Lost, too - when are we ever going to get a new episode?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great meme. And I thought I was the only one that loved leopard skin thongs...lol You gave me a giggle.

    Take care,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. The "what I`m wearing was great LOL And you definately shouldn`t be insecure about your creativity!

    tea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning Janet!
    I read your Meme and laughed because we are very alike...I listen to Andrea Bocelli...but also enjoy quiet and can name very few songs...and buying art supplies sounds like the perfect sport for us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blogging is supposed to be fun and entries made when convenient to the author...that's my thought. I cannot be a slave to my posts because it would take the fun out of it and besides ~we all have frustrations w/ blogger~ I'm trying to update to Beta but I keep getting a response that I cannot??So it's their problem I say I post.. surf around.. and never allow blogging to rule my mood.
    Your work is wonderful so much creativity...that women is sensual
    I think it is her pose and the red color.Were you sporting your leopard thong and pasties when creating this piece..hummm..hugs NG

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't switched over to beta yet...I had no problem today, thank- goodness! I see the ATC's have you hooked...you're like Mary Ellen, a real natural with them.

    That was quite the visual I almost had...hahahaha!!! Pasties? ewww..hahaha

    Giggles load of giggles!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm always late getting here...at least I feel that way. LOL I love your ATC's Jan...those trees look so awesome, how'd you do that??
    You should never feel insecure about your art...it's who you are, and forget what anyone else thinks! At least that's what I tell myself...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. ATC's are fab Janet!
    Do one with BEE's on it, will ya???LOL
    Also, your answers, I thought when I read PASTIES it read pasties, as in Cornish pasties...like pastry!
    Boy was I wrong...and yes, I was paying attention.
    I didn't flinch at the thongy part though. Nothing wrong with that Janet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!