Sunday, February 11, 2007

Gifts and Inchies....

My second post for today!! But I couldn't wait any longer.

I have been influenced! I'm told that if you hang around with certain people their habits rub off on you. Well, it's happened to me. There are certain people....you know who you are!!....who have been telling me I should be square! Well, at least to make squares. Teeny, tiny, little, bitty 1" squares! Inchies, if you please.

Ok, I got the message! And yesterday afternoon I made some. Three, in fact.



I would have made more but my worktable is getting so messy that I can't find anything. The scissors are buried under a mound of paper, the glue hasn't been seen in days, there are scraps of fabric hanging from every available surface, and beads and buttons are scattered about like pebbles on a beach. It's chaos in there.

The inchies were fun to do and I can see myself getting addicted to them as well as the ATCs. I'm going to be in serious trouble before much longer. There won't be any time to sleep or eat or do any of those darn things that people insist we have to do every day. Creating art is so much more fun than sleeping.

I promised to show you some more art I received in the mail....and here it is.



I received this beautiful ATC from Pirk. I wish the photo was better....the background is purple and has sparklies all over, and she crocheted the rest of it. Isn't that a creative twist on ATCs?!! She named this Flower Basket. I love it! Thank you, Pirk.

If you haven't visited Pirk's blog you should take a look. Pirk does the most incredible crochet and knitting, and she is an excellent artist although she doesn't show many of her drawings.

*******************************************

You know I can't resist these!! I got this from Blue's blog.

Your Candy Heart Says "Hug Me"

A total sweetheart, you always have a lot of love to give out.
Your heart is open to where ever love takes you!

Your ideal Valentine's Day date: a surprise romantic evening that you've planned out

Your flirting style: lots of listening and talking

What turns you off: fighting and conflict

Why you're hot: you're fearless about falling in love

17 comments:

  1. Consider yourself hugged!
    {{{{Hugs!}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet, those are so little and cute and adorable!! I love the squares, make more? lol..
    Thankyou for sharing your day and dont worry the mess is a continuious progress of creation. :)
    Peace and HUGS, Kai.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet I have so enjoyed catching up on your news and posts. Those are the most beautiful fabric "inchies" - just wonderful.

    Thank you for all the encouragement you have left on my bloga and all that you shar here.

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. The squares are wonderful!
    I hope you find your glue and scissors, and then make some more inchies. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs to you, too, Janet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so teensy! Very cute and colorful!~!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh... my comment just got lost! anyway, I was saying that I was practically on the floor laughing with this post...so funny about not doing anything else, like eating, etc. ..but I wouldn't mind a square diet plan..lol.
    These are amazing, but I'm not suprised. You are very talented, you really have a way of working well with fabric and beads and lots of mixed media. Welcome to square world. I really love it. Is it wrong that I want my friends to like them too? :) Lia

    ReplyDelete
  8. My candy heart says First Kiss.!
    Those 'inchies' are too cute Janet. Is it tricky to work onsomething that small..?
    They look great. The piece you got from Pirk is lovely too.
    You are going to need a gallery as well as a studio soon...!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Janet, finally posted my atcs on Saturday! I want to send you one, to say thanks for the inspiration to try them. Please e-mail me your snail mail address. (sue at elgecko dot co dot za).
    Love the inchies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOh the inchies are wonderful. Are you going to sew them onto something else? I'm thinking there is alot you could do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the inchies! I've never done anything that small - I thought ATCs were small!! What fun! I may have to try some "sharpie-ized" inchies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH Janet - fabulous, just fabulous!! I love how you described your studio....I so know the feeling - ah but look at the glory that has come from yours!!
    I may have to try an Inchie or two...or three...or...oh no!

    My candy heart came out Hug too....so here's a hug to you HHHHHHHHHUUUUUGGGGGGGGG!!!
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome to the ' dark' side Janet he heeh....Great job on those squares. They are very addictive (like ATC's). Love how you try different things!

    Pirk's ATC is lovely. And I think our result from the Candy heart is so you (wish I could give you a hug right now).

    Dotee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your squares are adorable! I can't imagine working with such a tiny piece of fabric, but you make it sound like fun. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Janet ... I too love the inchies. I've always been drawn to miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My heart says "Hug Me" too. Incidentally, these hearts are CONTRABAND in my school. Tee hee.

    I have a hard time with these questionnaires because they don't really often have much to do with me. I have to stretch for some of the answers, which I'm sure skews the results. Very Unscientific!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your inchies. I just made my first ones today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit me and for leaving a comment. I appreciate each and every comment and will answer any questions via email. Otherwise I will respond to your comments with comments of my own on your blog. I love the blogging community!!